+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matty Palmer player of season

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Thoroughly deserved in my opinion
    Quality player doing more than he should in midfield
    Congratulations MP.

I haven't seen that many games, but for me Palmer has always been outstanding. Assured & in control, even when we are (alas) being overrun in midfield. A really useful capture. We must keep him.

1. Palmer
    2. Rodrigues
    3. Cameron
    4. Wootton
    5. Chicksen

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Thoroughly deserved in my opinion
    Quality player doing more than he should in midfield
    Totally agree. Well done, Matt.

It was great to read what Palmer had to say about winning his award. So glad that he is looking forward to next season already.
    I don't know if anyone else noticed his work rate late on In the game on Monday, (fitness levels through the roof) and his reaction to their goals. He was visibly hurting mentally, but that just spurred him on to work harder.
    If you think Wootton or Rodrigues are/would be hard to replace, then treble it for Palmer.
    Imagine a tall, gutsy ball winner with the engine of a fully match fit Vincent, along side him.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    1. Ruben (where would we have finished without his goals and assists?)
    Yes, absolute no-brainer and a clear distance ahead of other candidates IMO

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    1. Ruben (where would we have finished without his goals and assists?)
    Mid-table?

He's been a machine. Close whether I had him second or third, but he has to be top 3 for me! Palmer is right to win for his consistency and high level perfomances throughout the seasonm

I think Rainbow pie got the top 5 spot on actually.

Matty Palmer has been head and shoulders our best player since the day he arrived. Rodrigues has also had an excellent season….but the work of Palmer brought the best out of him, not the other way around.

Imagine if we had a couple of physical midfielders to play alongside Palmer next season…as well as somehow keeping Rodrigues, signing a new and more mobile target man, a new beast of a centre half, a couple of new wing backs…and a new manager….nothing will stop us then!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, absolute no-brainer and a clear distance ahead of other candidates IMO
    Ruben's goals and assists have been crucial, but for me he's had too many fairly anonymous games to rate any higher.

The ability is undoubtedly there, but the consistency has been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ruben's goals and assists have been crucial, but for me he's had too many fairly anonymous games to rate any higher.

Statistically speaking he's been noticeably more productive and consistent away from home than at Meadow Lane, that may have coloured your opinion somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Totally agree with this and TSANHO
    Without Palmer i don't think Ruben gets as many goals or assists. But like elite says Ruben does have the ability to turn any game it's just his consistency for me
    He also sometimes overplays when a simple pass is more beneficial for the team which can be frustrating. But i suppose this has to be accepted as part of his game because when it comes off it does create chances and look great

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast