+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Betting on IB suspended

Betting on IB suspended

Does this suggest he is off or turned down the offer.
    On the Magpie Circle last night, Leigh Curtis said that a few of the FGR players think IB was nailed on for the job. I hope either way this is cleared up as soon as possible, so that we can move on.
    Whilst being a fan of IB in his time here, I would think less of him for moving on for financial gain, without really proving himself at a much lower level. Would this show a lack of belief/confidence in himself to get the job done here.

He doesnt strike me as not being confident to be honest I think he does believe in himself.

Good luck to him if he goes I have nothing against him.

He isnt stupid either and if he didnt go up next season he might get sacked or face toxic atmosphere if we were mid table.

I say all the above without knowing if he will leave !

I personally think they want to talk to IB. I don't think IB will go, why would he? He has a patient board, and has resources given to him. He'd also never play a match with a crowd like Monday at FGR, he'd be better off staying at Notts and getting us to league 1

I don't think they would suspend betting if they thought he had turned down the job.

I don't know much about betting but I do know that it us unlikely many people would bet on something like this so it would probably only take a couple of people to put good sized bets on to screw up the odds and some computer program to auto suspend it. Who knows if he is off but I would not read much into it bookies wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think IB will go, why would he?
    Why would he? Two divisions above and probably a better wage.

As a Forest fan once said, it's not rocket surgery.

I am fairly certain IB will shortly be off to Gloucestershire. This amount of smoke is unlikely to be without fire, and if FGR are after him, I don't think there are many head coaches that would reject an opportunity to move to a League One club from the National League. Especially after having never previously managed in English football prior to the NL and not having any real coaching/managerial achievements to speak of beyong technical coaching badges and the like.

I just hope we get some decent compensation. I was talking to my mate at ML on Monday about when the last time was that Notts had a manager 'poached' (IE leave during their contract to join another club) rather than getting sacked, leaving of their own accord or not having their contract renewed. The last one we could think of was Big Sam?

It's a win win for me! Compensation from fgr and the end of a failed experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    It's a win win for me! Compensation from fgr and the end of a failed experiment.
    Why would it be the end? Do you reckon the owners are going to go too far away from the IB type coach?

If iB was off, would we have allowed him to release and retain players?

Seems odd to allow an outgoing manager the choice over the players to keep or not

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast