+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Betting on IB suspended

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The announcement was made by the board of directors, not Burchnall..
    As it was last season as well. As head coach, he may have a say but the final say on the squad is by the board and in particular Richard Montague who is head of recruitment and analytics

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    The bet after the one about when IB will be gone by will be whether we have ever heard of our next head coach…I’m saying yes!
    One of the more impressive (young) coaches in the National League this season has been Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood. Yes, they faded badly late in the season but I think they were a victim of their own success on too many fronts with such a small squad. They literally ran out of steam compared with some of the better-resourced clubs, but for the first two-thirds of the season they looked capable of competing with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    One of the more impressive (young) coaches in the National League this season has been Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood. Yes, they faded badly late in the season but I think they were a victim of their own success on too many fronts with such a small squad. They literally ran out of steam compared with some of the better-resourced clubs, but for the first two-thirds of the season they looked capable of competing with the best.
    He's had a few years and they're better financed than their gates suggest. He's done ok. Pete Wilde on a probably smaller budget has done better in a shorter space of time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    He's had a few years and they're better financed than their gates suggest. He's done ok. Pete Wilde on a probably smaller budget has done better in a shorter space of time I think.
    Yep, certainly another contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    If iB was off, would we have allowed him to release and retain players?

Seems odd to allow an outgoing manager the choice over the players to keep or not
    The released list was done by the board members, no mention of I.B's involvement

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The released list was done by the board members, no mention of I.B's involvement
    The same as last year as well

Luke Gerrard seems to have something about him, Pete Wilds done a very good job but is he deemed as a failure losing at home to a poor Chesterfield side? Ironically if NA was never at Notts I think everyone would be calling for him mainly now too. Bowyers not done anything at Salford with a very decent budget, not even the playoffs.

There doesn’t seem like much point speculating on who a new coach might be, it’ll probably be some bloke who’s spent the last 3 years in the Albanian second division.

As I said earlier, we have already a replacement lined up..

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There doesn’t seem like much point speculating on who a new coach might be, it’ll probably be some bloke who’s spent the last 3 years in the Albanian second division.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast