+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall gone

It's Burcnall who has left. Could be the toilet roll assistant so Bob may be in the clear

I doubt he'll leave, never was much of one for a Plan B.

He was still at Notts an hour ago when I renewed my season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Has he been demoted to the ticket office following the failure to get promoted? Not surprised he's looking for a job with Forest Creen Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Dammit i was thinking good riddance, believe me Notts are going nowhere with IB, remember the nonsense of when IB was hired, we will bring him in early , so he will have time to prepare for next season, well he did,nt all the same crap, being beaten by the likes of eastleigh , aldershot etc
    If IB stays i predict between 4th and 7th next season , with no real chance of top spot, same old , same old
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-05-2022 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code cock-up

It's a fair prediciton tbf, a likely outcome. The bigger question is if leaves for League One and we get a replacement in soon after will you predict our finishing position under the new manager/head coach once signings have been made?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a fair prediciton tbf, a likely outcome. The bigger question is if leaves for League One and we get a replacement in soon after will you predict our finishing position under the new manager/head coach once signings have been made?
    Good queation - i can make a prediction on the finishing position of a manager based on his past experience around a similar level division, and then further that on the experience of the players signed, and then see how he goes over a period of games

IB had all the advantages this season to do well, he came in March so had plenty of time to assess the players and know what was required in the summer, he also had a play off loss, so he had experience of that also, which is why for me he has failed in 2 ways, crap over the season itself, and crap in the play offs
    Mind you i said he would never do anything from the start, as no experience at this level, its alll very well as owners having a long term plan, but to me that means a long stay in this crap league , so pissed off with it

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Good queation - i can make a prediction on the finishing position of a manager based on his past experience around a similar level division, and then further that on the experience of the players signed, and then see how he goes over a period of games

IB had all the advantages this season to do well, he came in March so had plenty of time to assess the players and know what was required in the summer, he also had a play off loss, so he had experience of that also, which is why for me he has failed in 2 ways, crap over the season itself, and crap in the play offs
    Mind you i said he would never do anything from the start, as no experience at this level, its alll very well as owners having a long term plan, but to me that means a long stay in this crap league , so pissed off with it
    He came with far less experience of this level than did Ardley and has just about caught him up in 1 year.

An interesting insight into what intelligent managers deal with covers how Pep Guardiola has adapted his philosophies for Premier League football.

Maybe Burchnall may have some of that.

And maybe the Bros plan is first and foremost sustainability. Or do you want another Trew/Hardy or even Munto 5 year plan to the Championship and remind me where that got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

And maybe the Bros plan is first and foremost sustainability. Or do you want another Trew/Hardy or even Munto 5 year plan to the Championship and remind me where that got us.

If these are the only two possible options then why does this not apply to clubs like Stockport, Wrexham, Solihull and a very long list of clubs in the EFL? What makes Notts so special that we have to accept either sustainability (ie forever skint) or ruin?

To a large extent it'll be down to the fact we've got Fword literally staring us down from the other side of the river. Probably the complications involving the ground ownership as well. It's become clear over the past 5/6 years - and I think it will become more obvious as time goes on - that Notts do not interest the kind of wealth and ambition that almost any other club with our gates is able to attract.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He came with far less experience of this level than did Ardley and has just about caught him up in 1 year.

An interesting insight into what intelligent managers deal with covers how Pep Guardiola has adapted his philosophies for Premier League football.

Maybe Burchnall may have some of that.

Or, Are you happy to see Notts languish in this league ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast