+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall gone

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Or, Are you happy to see Notts languish in this league ?
    Three play off campaigns on a trot is hardly languishing

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Each play off campaign worse each time.
    Final
    Semi
    Quarter. All lost. So will it get worse? I won't hold my breath.

Three FAILED play off campaigns on a trot is hardly languishing
    I've added the word you missed.

If you see Notts making the playoffs in this league as an achievement, I would beg to differ.

That's what you consider to be a successful season then......

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If these are the only two possible options then why does this not apply to clubs like Stockport, Wrexham, Solihull and a very long list of clubs in the EFL? What makes Notts so special that we have to accept either sustainability (ie forever skint) or ruin?

To a large extent it'll be down to the fact we've got Fword literally staring us down from the other side of the river. Probably the complications involving the ground ownership as well. It's become clear over the past 5/6 years - and I think it will become more obvious as time goes on - that Notts do not interest the kind of wealth and ambition that almost any other club with our gates is able to attract.
    Who are these clubs who get gates like us who have wealthy owners then ?

If you can find them I bet they are one town/city clubs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've added the word you missed.

If you see Notts making the playoffs in this league as an achievement, I would beg to differ.
    The benchmark has to be the gates and going by those we are at least 40 places below where we should be, probably more (as those gates would be considerably higher in the current climate if our position was higher).

I don't know the ins and outs of the Hayden Green Estate situation regards the ground, but I am now beginning to wonder if - whilst it protects Notts from doing a Bury, does that also act as an obstacle for a potential saviour in the true sense of the word, that is to say a saviour which not only keeps the club alive but restores it to a position we used to take for granted - upper 3rd tier, lower 2nd, or higher the further you go back.

We're in this league on merit, I think a lot of posters here need a reality check, we don't have a God given right to storm the league so making the post season playoffs quite frankly is a decent season

We're in this league on merit, I think a lot of posters here need a reality check, we don't have a God given right to storm the league so making the post season playoffs quite frankly is a decent season
    I totally agree.

History shows you it isnt easy to get out plenty of former league clubs are stuck down here.

The weirdest thing is the constant mocking of our owners I mean just have a think about who put us here the real villian is Egghead.

The other options other than Reedtz brothers were some Nando guy and a crook who robbed OAPs.

Substitute "a God given right" for "ambitious and relatively wealthy owners", read that back an there's your reality check.

I think it was Sven who said that if you give me a list of clubs spending power in August I can give you the order of the final table in May and be correct for the most part, give or take the odd position.

Plenty of clubs get relegated to divisions lower than where they ought to be, in some cases to levels they've never dropped before. Some bounce back immediately as champions (Newcastle or Bristol Rovers for example) some languish. Depends what financial backing they have and/or the owners nous.

A decent season, or a limp-wristed acceptance of mediocrity? We are definitely here on merit. This division is hard to get out of, but it's also hard to get into. I hope I never sink to your depths. The day I see a failed playoff campaign for Notts in the National League as a "decent season" is the day I will wish Forest all the best in their playoff final.

As long as I can breathe, neither will ever, ever happen.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast