+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we need, and who might it be?

What do we need, and who might it be?

Clearly we need a combatative midfielder, he is likely to be young with potential to improve, and eventually sell on, could that be Jayden Harris at Aldershot?

If, as looks yo be the case, Wootten goes or even if not, we need a second striker, young, potential to improve, could that be Josh Walker at Dagenham?

The only fly in the ointments, neither are free transfers?

I am sure Richard will be all over looking at players, but who do we need and who might it be?

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Clearly we need a combatative midfielder

I can't remember a time in recent years this hasn't been true. Probably since Yates' loan ended.

Defensively we need as a minimum, one head it, kick it, win everything centre half, and also a right back/wing back...

So who??

A question for the regulars - which opposing players impressed you this season? Seem to remember a few praising Gold from King’s Lynn. Lemonheigh-Evans would continue our Torquay connection. And Joe Sbarra has had a great season at Solihull. What about silky but dominant centre halves? Or tenacious midfielders with a great engine? Anyone stand out?

Lightweight players under 1.80 metres need not apply.

I seem to remember listening to an away game when Charlie and Stall were raving about the opposition's midfielder. Then they asked Birchnall about him after the game, and he agreed that he's a decent player. I think it was Omar Mussa at Weymouth, but I may be wrong. We should be poaching the best players from the smaller teams - players who have already proven to be effective at this level and who would see Notts as a step up.

I'd also love us to sign a tall, aggressive centre-back with experience at this level as well. Someone like Luke Waterfall at Grimsby - a real monster.

We also need some physicality and aggression up front, especially if Wootton goes. We'll need a target man, but we also need someone to fit alongside that if needed. I like the look of Junior Morias at Dagenham - he's small but a real handful.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 27-05-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Strong centre half to pair with Cameron, attacking midfielder a la Draper and a fierce ball winning midfielder like lemon heigh Evans who can also sight goal,real number 9 with eye for goal and mobility to go alongside Sam. As a minimum. If we get unheard of ex academy players from other clubs like the half dozen we already have I will offer little hope for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Strong centre half to pair with Cameron, attacking midfielder a la Draper and a fierce ball winning midfielder like lemon heigh Evans who can also sight goal,real number 9 with eye for goal and mobility to go alongside Sam. As a minimum. If we get unheard of ex academy players from other clubs like the half dozen we already have I will offer little hope for this season.
    Lemonheigh-Evans was at the game on Monday night. He would be a great signing.

Oh and play 442 or 433 not this silly 532

Saw him there hopefully looking at us but probably just supporting his old mate Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I seem to remember listening to an away game when Charlie and Stall were raving about the opposition's midfielder. Then they asked Birchnall about him after the game, and he agreed that he's a decent player. I think it was Omar Mussa at Weymouth, but I may be wrong. We should be poaching the best players from the smaller teams - players who have already proven to be effective at this level and who would see Notts as a step up.

I'd also love us to sign a tall, aggressive centre-back with experience at this level as well. Someone like Luke Waterfall at Grimsby - a real monster.

We also need some physicality and aggression up front, especially if Wootton goes. We'll need a target man, but we also need someone to fit alongside that if needed. I like the look of Junior Morias at Dagenham - he's small but a real handful.
    Exactly the blue print for sucess " We should be poaching the best players from smaller teams " players who have already proven to be effective, then we should take it one step further and appoint a manager with proven success at this level or above, and dare i say has a bit of reputation of being a **** on the field, but a great guy off it mentality-

Whether the owners could deal with this type of mentality is a question, as they want players and managers who are a project, and after 2 or 3 years might turn into somethinhg ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast