+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 224 of 232 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2318

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not so sure. MO was very clear when he came into the club he was doing it to make a profit.
    He was clear that he wanted to make a profit..but that had to be balanced with the club being successful.
    From Nov 2022
    "I reiterate that the current board are committed to ensuring that the required funding and infrastructure is in place to maintain the club as a competitive team in the Premiership and also provide the platform to enhance the prospect of finishing in the top-six once again this season."

Also this from Fox "“The one thing I can’t do is leave us short for the first-team. We’ve also been carrying a couple of wee knocks over this period; McGrath and Pawlett.

“It’s about balancing the priorities and that is a constant conversation I have with Tony (Asghar, sporting director) — almost daily — when it comes to keeping on top of these things.”

Well...we let 12 players go and brought in a player that has been described as " I have never seen someone so out their depth. He just runs around kicking players!"

As I said...this gamble is all sitting with Tony Ashgar.

I fully expect us to take in Kyle Lafferty until the end of the season, no insider knowledge..it just seems like a very United thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    He was clear that he wanted to make a profit..but that had to be balanced with the club being successful.
    From Nov 2022
    "I reiterate that the current board are committed to ensuring that the required funding and infrastructure is in place to maintain the club as a competitive team in the Premiership and also provide the platform to enhance the prospect of finishing in the top-six once again this season."
    Absolutely **** all chance of that then. I honestly think we'll go down now we've left ourselves utterly dependent on a 35 year old striker who misses more than he hits and a ****age back up goalkeeper with our first team goalie being no great shakes either. Piss ****ing poor United!

Thats the kind of window that get you relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    He won't make much profit if we go down
    Totally agree. To be honest, I think it's a flawed premise anyway. There is no money to be made from a club at our level.

Personally now think reality has bitten and the owner will take the cash from Leicester before making a sharp exit )regardless of which league we are in at that point!).

Hope I am 100% wrong but like TTT says you cannot expect to make money on a regular basis from a club like ours.

The club need to put out a statement to explain themselves and this absolute farce of a transfer window. What a complete and utter mess. We honestly deserve to go down. Completely deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    We honestly deserve to go down.
    Come on now. 🤔

Recalled Kia Fotheringham from loan spell to continue development in first team.

Clubs are only allowed eight players out on loan. We had nine, so someone had to come back.

Page 224 of 232 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)