+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I wasn't slagging Pawlett so apologies to anyone who think I was.
    I thought it was funny Stoke. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If you actually believe that POTY stuff - and I suspect you do - have a think about it.
    I'm not really sure what your mean by this. Are you saying he wasn't the club's player of the year?

If we manage Clark, SLA and Levitt it’d be a tangerine dream

29 days

Until the season starts and not one signing made yet
    Anybody else worried?

7 days since our new manager has been appointed. It's not a long time to identify & secure targets, so no, not really.

Seeing a lot of unrest & negativity about a lack of signings on various social media platforms. I wonder how many of the folk moaning are the same ones who claim the manager has no input to signings and its all Asghar. The fact we haven't actually signed anyone surely puts that argument to bed somewhat?

Not worried, would have liked a couple signings by now but in circumstances not surprising and relaxed about it.. Not like we are starting from a weak base

Think some fans are just bored during season, are focusing on signings made by others and concerning themselves too much with that and worrying a bit then getting edgy about it

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    Until the season starts and not one signing made yet
    Anybody else worried?
    I expect that some of the ones who dont like the negativity will come along saying all is well and say we are overreacting, but i think that in itself is them overthinking the true intentions of concerns like this. At the end of the day we are all wanting what is best for United and no signings as yet are a concern with 29 days to go.

Is there not though the small matter of a couple of Euro ties before that?

You never know though as i expect Gogic will be announced today if he indeed signed a couple of weeks ago, and other players are on later holidays having been away with national teams and may want their business sorted after that and hope the likes of Levitt and Clark are now sorting out their United futures. Fingers crossed though that we have a kit reveal for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

Is there not though the small matter of a couple of Euro ties before that?
    First Euro ties aren't until Aug mate so time still for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    First Euro ties aren't until Aug mate so time still for that.
    Cheers bud, have to say i became a tad confused about all the chat for when we joined in and never went back to look for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I expect that some of the ones who dont like the negativity will come along saying all is well and say we are overreacting, but i think that in itself is them overthinking the true intentions of concerns like this. At the end of the day we are all wanting what is best for United and no signings as yet are a concern with 29 days to go.
    This happens every season though? I'd say those playing down the negativity are the ones who realise this and know fine well the signings will come, like they always do. The last couple of years especially, we have been late with the summer signings as there's more of a focus on getting the right players in. If we have to wait to do that, then that's what we do.

Page 45 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)