+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 232 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

What's happened to the Gogic thing 🤔 scarf above the head was already done was it not🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    What's happened to the Gogic thing 🤔 scarf above the head was already done was it not🙄
    That was a rumour started by someone on Tek who claims to be Asghar, grew legs and it became a done deal that never was.

This is getting soul destroying waiting on any new signings.
    Gotta here something soon surely?

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Ill be honest as the days go by im starting to get a bit concerned and quite agitated. I completely understand what the club are trying to do but the players being mentioned so far still wont solve the problems we continue to face season after season and that is pace and creativity. Surely there is players out there that we could have in by now that would improve us in that respect. Pawlett and Chalmers are impact subs at best and its looking like Glass wont make it at us. Come on to **** United give the fans something!
    With us having European football I expected things to be moving alot quicker than this.

We have been needing a target man, pacey striker, creative midfielder and a winger that can hit the bye-line for how many years now? Add an experienced keeper in his mid to late thirties to compete against Eriksson. If these five are signed before leaving for Spain I see no problem. If on the other hand none come in questions should quite rightly be asked about the recruitment situation.

It is still better than the "we are interested in this player, looking at that player, hoping to land these players" (which usually never materializes)

I am happy to wait. But................. IF.. it ends up we get the sloppy seconds. I will be hugely disappointed (and, a tad angry)
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 05-07-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: smiley pus instead oh angry pus (outwith my control seemingly)

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That was a rumour started by someone on Tek who claims to be Asghar, grew legs and it became a done deal that never was.
    To be fair he doesnt claim to be TA. He just talks like a club official. Probably on purpose to annoy others. It's 100% NOT TA though.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    To be fair he doesnt claim to be TA. He just talks like a club official. Probably on purpose to annoy others. It's 100% NOT TA though.
    Unless it's TA for Total Arse. He's an irritating **** tbh and incredibly patronising towards other posters. I'd doubt highly it was actually TA, but would be concerned if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    To be honest, I hate when we are linked with players, because (1) gets your hope us (if decent signings), and (2) alerts other clubs to their availability. I much prefer the announced signing, with obligatory “scarf above his heid” approach. I’m not worried, would be if Tam was still in charge, but know for sure Jack will know we strengthened, and where, and be pushing hard for those signings. To be fair, TA has delivered the unexpected in recent years (Mulgrew, Levitt and Shankland (when in the Championship), so willing to give them some time.
    What concerns me though is Ross thinking he can get more out of these players and that we dont need to sign someone. Players like Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers to name a few cannot be relied upon to deliver the vast majority of the time and I cant watch another season of that, i just can't! Give us some genuine pace, creativity, a target man and let the players i mentioned above be very useful squad players and NOT regular starters. I think we get alot more out of them that way.

What concerns me though is Ross thinking he can get more out of these players and that we dont need to sign someone. Players like Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers to name a few cannot be relied upon to deliver the vast majority of the time and I cant watch another season of that, i just can't! Give us some genuine pace, creativity, a target man and let the players i mentioned above be very useful squad players and NOT regular starters. I think we get alot more out of them that way.
    Jack Ross hasn't said anything of the sort though has he? Unless I've missed something. He's made it clear we need to bring in players, particularly in the forward areas.

But he's never said that we don't need to sign anyone? He's on record numerous times saying we are short in numbers, are trying our hardest to get specific targets in and that patience is going to be required as he is weeks behind his normal recruitment plan because he's just in the door. Has he even said he can get more out of these players?

Page 54 of 232 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)