+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

We are…but Beerschot are trying to recoup most of their transfer fee to us which is a massive stumbling block. He’s top of Neilson’s wish list too since Ellis Simms is signing for a English championship side.

Safranko wants to come back but he’s not a priority for us.

Ross’s priority is Jamie McGrath, we’re in talks with Wigan about buying him or loaning him. He also wants Doidge and Aiden McGeady.

Robbie McRorie is now our preferred GK signing, Zander Clark’s still an option but Utd believe they can get better for the money he’s wanting.

We’re also looking at a list of international players that have left clubs in Russia and Ukraine.

Same source gave me the scoop on Biamou weeks before we were linked with him so I’m inclined to believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Would you rather we had signed players whilst we had all the managerial bollox going on? Players are hard to attract whilst they don't know who they are going to be playing for. I'm relaxed about signings, I'm sure there will be movement soon
    That would have been relevant if there had been absolutely no mention of this work going on regardless of who the manager is, or if we have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    We are…but Beerschot are trying to recoup most of their transfer fee to us which is a massive stumbling block. He’s top of Neilson’s wish list too since Ellis Simms is signing for a English championship side.
    Trying to recoup the transfer fee they haven't yet paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Would you rather we had signed players whilst we had all the managerial bollox going on? Players are hard to attract whilst they don't know who they are going to be playing for. I'm relaxed about signings, I'm sure there will be movement soon
    You're a changed man!! 😂

TC said we were needing players in a couple of weeks ago, TA has said that we are looking to get some players in, RJ has said that because of the change in manager we are playing catch up with the signings but there is a lot of work going on to get caught up.......I would expect at least a couple of signings in by the end of next week. There is no way that potential signings and requirements weren't discussed by Jack Ross during his contract talks...he will have been given assurances that we will be looking to get certain players in for him to come to the club. There will be a lot of sounding out players before he signed his deal. Players ain't back to training for a wee while yet, so we have a but if time. If there are no signings in by next week, I'll be worried but I think JR will be wanting them in ASAP so he can get working on HIS team straight away! In JR we trust!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You're a changed man!! ��
    I was quite relaxed this time last season too. Its just been an unfortunate last few summers with the managerial merry go round. I'm happy we have Jack Ross in now, but would have been equally happy to have some continuity too. Interesting post above that seems to suggest we have specific targets in mind and McGeady apart I'd be happy with all of them. Sir Lawrence coming back would actually make me erupt with joy!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    TC said we were needing players in a couple of weeks ago, TA has said that we are looking to get some players in, RJ has said that because of the change in manager we are playing catch up with the signings but there is a lot of work going on to get caught up.......I would expect at least a couple of signings in by the end of next week. There is no way that potential signings and requirements weren't discussed by Jack Ross during his contract talks...he will have been given assurances that we will be looking to get certain players in for him to come to the club. There will be a lot of sounding out players before he signed his deal. Players ain't back to training for a wee while yet, so we have a but if time. If there are no signings in by next week, I'll be worried but I think JR will be wanting them in ASAP so he can get working on HIS team straight away! In JR we trust!
    Are they not back in training tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post

Safranko wants to come back but he’s not a priority for us.

Ross’s priority is Jamie McGrath, we’re in talks with Wigan about buying him or loaning him. He also wants Doidge and Aiden McGeady.

Robbie McRorie is now our preferred GK signing, Zander Clark’s still an option but Utd believe they can get better for the money he’s wanting.

We’re also looking at a list of international players that have left clubs in Russia and Ukraine.

Same source gave me the scoop on Biamou weeks before we were linked with him so I’m inclined to believe them.
    Thanks for some juicy gossip Mr Brightside. Cant see Shanks coming back to us, but i live in hope that it can be done. Safranko keeps popping up and i rank that somewhere beside Nadir coming back to us. While i would love both back, i dont think that will happen if Doidge is a JR target.

Saw that McRorie might be on his way out and wondered how much he has improved since we went up against him in the championship?

Rumours are rumours though and while most dont come true, things like the list can help add to the excitement of the managerial appointment.
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 22-06-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Really hope safronko is no where near our target list. He did ok for us but from what I can remember his second touch was trying to catch his first. Don’t think he is good enough for us. The same as nadir outstanding for us but done nothing since.

Hope there is some truth In doidge McGrath and microtome. 👍

Not keen on the McGeady chat tbh he's 36 now ffs not exactly building for the future

Page 23 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)