+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

A couple of things. Will we get a classy farewell note as we did from Ardley? Where's the compo and how muchus?

Forest Green Rovers have appointed Ian Burchnall as head coach ahead of their first season in League One.

The 39-year-old joins the League Two champions from National League club Notts County with immediate effect, replacing Rob Edwards who left to take over at Watford on May 11.

Burchnall started his coaching career at the age of 22 with the University of Leeds and he has coached internationally at Norwegian clubs Sarpsborg and Viking - where was head coach.

He also spent time at Ostersunds - where he succeeded current Brighton manager Graham Potter - in Sweden's top flight.

Burchnall, who guided Notts County to the National League play-offs in 2021/22, said: “I’m really delighted to sign at Forest Green and be part of what is an exciting chapter in the club’s history.

"I am grateful for the opportunity to come and lead the club and the challenge of football in League One was just too good to turn down, especially at a progressive and forward-thinking club.

"I want to thank Dale Vince and Rich Hughes for bringing me in, and to Notts County for the time I spent at the club. I’m looking forward to getting started!”

Rovers' director of football Hughes said: “It’s great to have Ian on board – he plays a fantastic style of football which our fans will love, and he has the skills to establish the club as a League One outfit.

"Ian’s teams have all played with a well-defined style, he’s an excellent communicator, great character and good bloke – we’re all looking forward to working with him.”

Chairman Vince added: “We’re all pleased and excited to welcome Ian to the club and look forward to our first season together in League one.

"Big credit to Notts County for the way they handled this - between us we’ve shown how moves in football can still get done properly and above board.”

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...rsunds-7134884

Imagine being told 10 years ago, after we'd just missed out on the 3rd tier play offs, that in a decade's time we'd have our manager poached by Forest Green Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    A couple of things. Will we get a classy farewell note as we did from Ardley? Where's the compo and how muchus?
    I’d hazard a guess he was on 100k to 150k a year with 3 years left, Forest Green have said we have been very amicable, I would imagine 100k to 200k, could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Imagine being told 10 years ago, after we'd just missed out on the 3rd tier play offs, that in a decade's time we'd have our manager poached by Forest Green Rovers.
    Just don't UTM, I'm still feeling depressed after Monday.

Just don't UTM, I'm still feeling depressed after Monday.
    Actually, I should have typed "we'd have our SECOND manager poached by FGR", albeit in very different circumstances.

It will be interesting to see if any of our players who only have one year left on their contracts sign an extension. If not, can the club risk them going for nothing at the end of next season or cash in on them now, this is, after all, the owners' philosophy and everyone interested in our players will be aware of this.

Doyler gone as well then?

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_DT
    Ian Burchnall has left Notts County to join Forest Green Rovers. Michael Doyle will also move with him. Shortlist for replacements already drawn up.

"Big credit to Notts County for the way they handled this - between us we’ve shown how moves in football can still get done properly and above board.”
    https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...rsunds-7134884
    Sounds like the brothers didn't put up much of a fight.......

Having read the statement from the club, I remain convinced that in the Reedtz Brothers we have the right people to maintain the stability and future of Notts County. I would have been comfortable with IB staying, but given the owners now have considerable experience in football management, I am confident that the change will be of great benefit and look forward to the new season.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast