+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Botman

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

My suspicion is that he'll end up going to Milan for less than we've offered.
    That is what I think as well, as I said elsewhere, it feels like they are hanging around waiting for AC to make an offer.

I really want him here but if Lille want to move the goalposts like that, last minute, then yes have to move on - otherwise every player will have a Toon Tax, more so than we already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye-clubs will all take the piss if we let Lille do it.

Shame if the deal collapses but it'll come back to bite them on the arse because they'll have a very unhappy player on their hands if he can't move.

My suspicion is that he'll end up going to Milan for less than we've offered.
    Yeah, agree he’ll likely end up in Milan for less than we offered, but hopefully that will show clubs that if they take the p!$$ then like Lille they will end up worse off.

It’s a shame, I had thought the lad was someone we could build the future of our defense around, but if this is happening as reported then I’m sure the vast majority of fans would support us telling them it’s 30M and not a penny more.

Who know’s… maybe it’s all Bo!!ocks, and maybe the deal will happen, but if we walk away because of a price hike then am sure the majority of fans will support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Yeah, agree he’ll likely end up in Milan for less than we offered, but hopefully that will show clubs that if they take the p!$$ then like Lille they will end up worse off.

It’s a shame, I had thought the lad was someone we could build the future of our defense around, but if this is happening as reported then I’m sure the vast majority of fans would support us telling them it’s 30M and not a penny more.

Who know’s… maybe it’s all Bo!!ocks, and maybe the deal will happen, but if we walk away because of a price hike then am sure the majority of fans will support it.
    I would agree with this, walk away,it’s been going on for so long now it’s boring. He either wants to come or not, it’s make yer mind up time kidda! If we’ve offered Lille’s asking price, and looks like we have,then the problem is not with the club but with the player, isn’t it? I e reckon he’s waiting for Milan to come back in,and we are his second choice, can’t blame him really, Champions League football next season, nice climate, BUT, he’s messing us around, move on, stuff him.

So what was all that rubbish in january of him posting pictures of him wearing a newcastle top ? let Milan have him he is just messing us about and we should look elsewhere Bremer or Milenkovic would be better signings.

Totally agree. Looking at where we are now it's a prerequisite that the player is very keen to come and play us, otherwise I would have doubts over his attitude once he signs.
    It’s a new season and we are not relegation threatened like when Bruno, Wood and Burn signed and you couldn’t fault the attitude from any of those 3.

Time to look elsewhere and let Lille worry about Botman.
    Last edited by toptoon; 15-06-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Totally agree. Looking at where we are now it's a prerequisite that the player is very keen to come and play us, otherwise I would have doubts over his attitude once he signs.
    It’s a new season and we are not relegation threatened like when Bruno, Wood and Burn signed and you couldn’t fault the attitude from any of those 3.

Time to look elsewhere and let Lille worry about Botman.
    Yes, it's a good time to show we won't be held to ransom by any club, player, or agent. If we fall into a bidding war just because a certain player won't commit then it will be the start of a situation where any club or player will try it on.

Time to move forward and find other good players of equal ability who would be willing to be part of this club's future.

The Botman deal has collapsed, club have walked away from the deal and will look elsewhere

It will serve both Botman and Lille right if the AC Milan deal falls through.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It will serve both Botman and Lille right if the AC Milan deal falls through.
    oh yes, Lille need to raise £100 million this summer, the tv deal fell through so the clubs have hugely exceeded their means.

Lille have been trying to squeeze every penny out of us and start a bidding war which didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    oh yes, Lille need to raise £100 million this summer, the tv deal fell through so the clubs have hugely exceeded their means.

Lille have been trying to squeeze every penny out of us and start a bidding war which didn't happen
    Although we have lost Botman over this deal the collapse of it will bode well for the future when we are chasing young talent. The selling clubs will look at this instance and take a good, fair offer instead of trying to play us off with other potential purchasers genuine or not.

The club will save countless millions by standing firm instead of paying sometimes stupid money as both the Manc clubs and Chelski have in the past.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)