+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It's a sad day for Notts, when a small club poaches your manager, sorry, head coach
    True, but that's where we are right now, thanks to the mistakes of previous regimes who saw Notts County decline from League One to the National League. It's the first time for at least a decade that we've appointed a head coach considered worthy of poaching by a higher league club, so at least that makes a change from having to sack loads of managers and pay up their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Right now at Notts County, the brief should be to get us back into the Football League by whatever means work.
    I agree, but I think our owner's project is to inflexible to change much from what we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Interesting to read the range of opinions on Burchnall. Who knows what a different manager would have achieved with us last season eh?

Whilst opinions may differ on him as our manager, he always came across as decent, thoughtful and intelligent. I hope he goes on to have lots of success.

The thing that I find saddest of all is that we've had our manager poached by Forest Green Rovers as they offer a young aspiring manager a greater opportunity than Notts can currently. That's heartbreaking.
    I too wish him all the success. We can maintain our class and dignity in how we respond to the departure of IB.

Obviously the playoff defeat on Monday is raw and to lose our head coach on top of that is going to cause anger, frustration and annoyance amongst some fans. It was not ideal the speculation surrounding the managers future going into the playoffs. So I can why some fans are angry. Plus the way we lost the game as well.

As for our owners there is some criticism and people having a go on here, but I believe most of that is simply born out of the fact that none of us want to be in this league. We could have easily have been Bury or Macclesfield or even Stockport who fell to NL North. I’m not saying we should settle for three playoff failures, but all I’m saying is it should be remembered that the current regime did not condemn us to the National League. They can’t be blamed either for running the club properly and restoring some dignity and class back into it. Let Stockport and Wrexham spend the money and let them go. They’ve done their time down here (far longer than us) and they are ready to leave. We are not ready yet, but we will be.

It’s a sad indictment of how far we have fallen. The positives we can take from this is that for the first time in a very long time we have a manager poached rather than having to sack them. Over the years we have had too many players and managers that have come to the club on their way down. We do need players and managers (head coaches) on their way up. So the club is doing something right.

We really are not far off. If we can get a manager who can maintain the home record IB had and if we are playing the same style make us better at our game so we pick up points away against the Eastleigh’s, Aldershots, and the likes we will be ready.

Let’s keep the faith.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 28-05-2022 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I too wish him all the success. We can maintain our class and dignity in how we respond to the departure of IB.

Obviously the playoff defeat on Monday is raw and to lose our head coach on top of that is going to cause anger, frustration and annoyance amongst some fans. It was not ideal the speculation surrounding the managers future going into the playoffs. So I can why some fans are angry. Plus the way we lost the game as well.

As for our owners there is some criticism and people having a go on here, but I believe most of that is simply born out of the fact that none of us want to be in this league. We could have easily have been Bury or Macclesfield or even Stockport who fell to NL North. I’m not saying we should settle for three playoff failures, but all I’m saying is it should be remembered that the current regime did not condemn us to the National League. They can’t be blamed either for running the club properly and restoring some dignity and class back into it. Let Stockport and Wrexham spend the money and let them go. They’ve done their time down here (far longer than us) and they are ready to leave. We are not ready yet, but we will be.

It’s a sad indictment of how far we have fallen. The positives we can take from this is that for the first time in a very long time we have a manager poached rather than having to sack them. Over the years we have had too many players and managers that have come to the club on their way down. We do need players and managers (head coaches) on their way up. So the club is doing something right.

We really are not far off. If we can get a manager who can maintain the home record IB had and if we are playing the same style make us better at our game so we pick up points away against the Eastleigh’s, Aldershots, and the likes we will be ready.

Let’s keep the faith.
    Very well said IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just give it a rest, and grow up.
    We'll said kelsdyke!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I agree, but I think our owner's project is to inflexible to change much from what we've seen so far.
    Me too.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678