+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My parting message to Burchnall. You won't be missed, enjoy your new job at the mickey mouse club.

I for one completely disagree with maddog...I think he will be missed but would like to wish him luck in his new position..!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I for one completely disagree with maddog...I think he will be missed but would like to wish him luck in his new position..!
    Well put Pedro, agree with all of that.

Definitely won't be missed , but why did we let those two clowns mire us in the National League. Should of been released last month whilst we still had a chance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Definitely won't be missed , but why did we let those two clowns mire us in the National League. Should of been released last month whilst we still had a chance!!
    Last month or last year?

Am I the only one now hoping to be looking forwards to us competing with him and FGR in a year or so....

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Am I the only one now hoping to be looking forwards to us competing with him and FGR in a year or so....
    He probably wouldn't be there still if they got relegated, unless you're anticipating Notts securing a double promotion.

I wish him the best of luck, no sour grapes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I wish him the best of luck, no sour grapes from me.
    Same here.

There was plenty to like about Ian Burchnall as a man, and about the way his team played when they were at their best. The criticism for me is that he seemed too rigidly committed to one way of playing, and that at times it was asking too much of the players at his disposal. He left the impression (for me at least) that he was more concerned with implementing a very pure passing style of football than he was with getting promoted, which was why some fans got frustrated with him. Right now at Notts County, the brief should be to get us back into the Football League by whatever means work.

I think IB has taken on a very big job at Forest Green Rovers who (like Fleetwood Town) are probably close to ceiling of what they can achieve. His brief presumably will be to consolidate them in League One, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast