+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do The Owners Ambitions Match The Supporters'?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agree, also on the recruitment I think I read somewhere that of the seven players we signed permanently only two featured in the play off match against Grimsby (could be wrong on that)
    Yeah from last season would have been Cameron and Palmer. There’s a big question out of the younger ones is are they going to step up this season, my gut feel is maybe 2 could and maybe it’s best letting a couple of the others go. With IB going maybe the system may change so we could go for a Cheek type, but they have to invest quite a bit on a striker. I actually think they could pick a combative midfielder without spending too much and then they need a couple more of real quality. They have invested a lot of money, but also with the wage cap not far away they do need to decide wether to try and take that opportunity, but it can’t be sh1t or bust as I honestly think we wouldn’t survive it this time.

Who is posting smart arse comments ?
    I think his post is just formatted wrong that’s all, that part is from my original post, no problem![/QUOTE]

My fault, I somehow messed up the original post when replying.

For me not, time to up their game and show some desire next season, they've had plenty of time to get their feet under the table and excuses are wearing thin. They need to step up a gear.
    What excuses have you heard from the Bros?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well i think the owners are happy with National league, there has been no urgency to really make a strong challenge for the top position.
    Its all an experiment - ie the long term plan. With everything we have seen over the last 3 years - we can all see that this is true
    You are correct in who the next manager is will tell us a lot- lets hope its not a rookie like IB who needs 3 or 4 years to get it right
    They sacked Ardley due to him not delivering and believed IB could, right decision or not, if they were happy in the NL they wouldn’t have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What excuses have you heard from the Bros?
    Ok, apologies bad grammar, I mean like feet under the table etc not excuses from the owners.

I think the owners' ambition does match the supporters' ambition, to want to get back into the Football League and then build further.

What they aren't doing is gambling silly money we cannot afford, all on one season, which has no guarantee of success and would leave us with an unsustainable budget well into the future. We've been down that route before and we know where it leads, regardless of whether you get the immediate promotion or not.

I think the aim of the owners is to maintain a sustainable but competitive playing budget on an ongoing basis, so we're always there or thereabouts in the promotion mix. It then comes down to the skill of the manager, plus a little bit of luck with injuries and suspensions, to push us over the line. Neal Ardley and Ian Burchnall's attempts were close, just not quite close enough, but as long as we can maintain a competitive playing budget we'll be in the mix, and that in turn keeps the attendances up. Hopefully the next manager can find that little bit extra where NA and IB didn't.

I think we've now got grown-ups in charge, which is ironic given that they're two of the youngest owners in the league. Of course they want to go up, but they aren't going bankrupt us by overspending wildly. I'm fine with that.

I think the recruitment of the next Manager will give us a huge nod to what the Reedtz bros ambitions are. Go for an exciting Manager like Williamson from Gateshead coupled with a quality striker and animal in midfield and we are going for it! Appoint some minor league scandavanian manager or merry go round ( granted not their style ) manager and don't invest in the obvious gaps in personnel we have then National League status is where they are t and where we will stay. So please bros make the progressive and right choice for this once proud club, before we are broken forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think the owners' ambition does match the supporters' ambition, to want to get back into the Football League and then build further.

What they aren't doing is gambling silly money we cannot afford, all on one season, which has no guarantee of success and would leave us with an unsustainable budget well into the future. We've been down that route before and we know where it leads, regardless of whether you get the immediate promotion or not.

I think the aim of the owners is to maintain a sustainable but competitive playing budget on an ongoing basis, so we're always there or thereabouts in the promotion mix. It then comes down to the skill of the manager, plus a little bit of luck with injuries and suspensions, to push us over the line. Neal Ardley and Ian Burchnall's attempts were close, just not quite close enough, but as long as we can maintain a competitive playing budget we'll be in the mix, and that in turn keeps the attendances up. Hopefully the next manager can find that little bit extra where NA and IB didn't.

I think we've now got grown-ups in charge, which is ironic given that they're two of the youngest owners in the league. Of course they want to go up, but they aren't going bankrupt us by overspending wildly. I'm fine with that.
    Like i said that means our season coming down to 2 or 3 play off matches
    Yes its obviously sustainable as a National league side in which we shall remain
    Yes the skill of the manager is crucial- but they want rookies that might do it after 3 or 4 years as manager
    The owners have other interests elsewhere notts is not there main priority - its a project
    Hardy failed due to lack of money, if he had 10 X more like FGR chairman he would have been successfull

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I think the recruitment of the next Manager will give us a huge nod to what the Reedtz bros ambitions are. Go for an exciting Manager like Williamson from Gateshead coupled with a quality striker and animal in midfield and we are going for it! Appoint some minor league scandavanian manager or merry go round ( granted not their style ) manager and don't invest in the obvious gaps in personnel we have then National League status is where they are t and where we will stay. So please bros make the progressive and right choice for this once proud club, before we are broken forever.

This^^^ The next few days/weeks may well be very revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Like i said that means our season coming down to 2 or 3 play off matches
    Yes its obviously sustainable as a National league side in which we shall remain
    Yes the skill of the manager is crucial- but they want rookies that might do it after 3 or 4 years as manager
    The owners have other interests elsewhere notts is not there main priority - its a project
    Hardy failed due to lack of money, if he had 10 X more like FGR chairman he would have been successfull
    RT always alluded to the fact AH didn't have a pot to pi$s in when he was selling, & AH was running to the media saying he wanted to buy Notts

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast