+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadow Lane…stay or move…

Meadow Lane…stay or move…

In a fantasy world cash wise, considering them over the river have just gone up, is it time to consider moving out of the city centre and thinking of land elsewhere and looking at a stadium fit for our last 30 years progress (or lack of)
    Somewhere like Phoenix park on the tram line or elsewhere north of the city to have a different appeal to Florest?
    Just something I was thinking about last night.
    Not saying I’m for it, as, like the rest of us, known the Lane all my life and I’m about to hit 50, but do we need to be more pragmatic if the funds could be raised?

Stay.

Moving wont make any difference in regards fans.

Out of town grounds are always naff experience for me.

Stay. We'll get back up there one day or at least to a level where we fill the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    In a fantasy world cash wise, considering them over the river have just gone up, is it time to consider moving out of the city centre and thinking of land elsewhere and looking at a stadium fit for our last 30 years progress (or lack of)
    Somewhere like Phoenix park on the tram line or elsewhere north of the city to have a different appeal to Florest?
    Just something I was thinking about last night.
    Not saying I’m for it, as, like the rest of us, known the Lane all my life and I’m about to hit 50, but do we need to be more pragmatic if the funds could be raised?
    No.

I get what you are saying but Forest are massive in places like Hucknall (North of the City). The town was deserted as many left for the trip South yesterday. Not forgetting that club captain is a Hucknall lad. I think we would find that other towns on the outskirts would be similar.
    As we are scrapping to get people to games. It has to remain accessible to all.
    With all that said and done. ML is our home. It’s where we have the vast majority of our history. To move somewhere could make the whole experience more hollow. Ask West Ham fans.

I'd be gutted if Notts moved from Meadow Lane, but I've said this since around 2002. Notts will never match the success they've enjoyed in the past unless they relocate and move well away from the South East corner of the city, as far away from Fword as possible.

Fword could solve the problem for us however, or make things worse if they moved closer to the city centre.

Staying put at Meadow Lane would be an infinitely better option than ground sharing. That might have worked in the mid-70s at Colwick when the two clubs were of a similar status with similar crowds, but not now.

I didn't realise that Meadow Lane was classed as a city centre address

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Stay. We'll get back up there one day or at least to a level where we fill the ground.
    Though at this moment in time I fail to have much confidence in the above^^^ Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No.

I get what you are saying but Forest are massive in places like Hucknall (North of the City). The town was deserted as many left for the trip South yesterday. Not forgetting that club captain is a Hucknall lad. I think we would find that other towns on the outskirts would be similar.
    As we are scrapping to get people to games. It has to remain accessible to all.
    With all that said and done. ML is our home. It’s where we have the vast majority of our history. To move somewhere could make the whole experience more hollow. Ask West Ham fans.
    If Hucknall, Arnold Town and Carlton Town all merged and became Notts Rangers with a Robin Hood badge playing in amber and green halves and had a bit money behind them, nothing silly, just enough to get them into tier 6 and on the map with some momentum. I reckon they would easily be closer rivals to Fword than Notts by the end of this century, probably by 2050 if such a club was set up in the next few years.

Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Though at this moment in time I fail to have much confidence in the above^^^ Stay.
    We can still get to League One mate with the wind in our sails, I still believe we'll be back there eventually,it just might take awhile ha ha.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast