+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meadow Lane…stay or move…

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think exactly the same.
    Me too. You’d also have to ask, why leave the Lane? It’s perfectly suitable for Premiership football, so the ground is one thing not to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    That certainly didn't do the New Den any harm.
    Bearing in mind the Old Den, they were starting from a very low base!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I don't think the location of the ground has any bearing on our appeal. Maybe it did 60 years ago when less people had cars.
    Less people will have cars in the not too distant future.

Relocation has worked out well for a lot of clubs, Hull, Reading, Swansea, Wigan, Cardiff and Huddersfield all spring to mind as clubs that have gone up to the PL after moving, either for the first time ever or first time in a very long while. Doncaster went all the way up to the Championship. Colchester and Chester have gone downhill since they moved. Darlington was the ultimate disaster but that was a ridiculous set of circumstances, the success stories seem to significantly outweigh the failures.

You don't have to move out to the middle of nowhere or build a ground with no character, but it's usually going to work out cheaper to do it that way.

Isn't it the case that we could be forced to move out if we dropped to tier 6? I think that question has come up a few times with no definitive answer.

100% stay.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Stay

Leaving Meadow Lane would be the beginning of the end I think
    We've probably all got a different definition of what the end of Notts means. Might be worth a separate thread.

So long as football is still played, I think we can say without any shadow of a doubt that a Notts County will exist in some form or other. Who was the last club to drop out of the league that doesn't have a phoenix club playing today?

So what is "the end", I'd bet if this question had been asked 10/20 years ago, a significant number would have said being relegated out of the Football League.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Less people will have cars in the not too distant future.

Relocation has worked out well for a lot of clubs, Hull, Reading, Swansea, Wigan, Cardiff and Huddersfield all spring to mind as clubs that have gone up to the PL after moving, either for the first time ever or first time in a very long while. Doncaster went all the way up to the Championship. Colchester and Chester have gone downhill since they moved. Darlington was the ultimate disaster but that was a ridiculous set of circumstances, the success stories seem to significantly outweigh the failures.

You don't have to move out to the middle of nowhere or build a ground with no character, but it's usually going to work out cheaper to do it that way.

Isn't it the case that we could be forced to move out if we dropped to tier 6? I think that question has come up a few times with no definitive answer.
    I think we can play at NL North level at ML I read.

Question is where would we play if lets say we got booted out of ML ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    As I understand it we could be forced out if we get relegated again, but I doubt it would be enforced.

Stay.

Meadow Lane is approaching 30 years since it was redeveloped but it’s a great facility and is the jewel in the clubs crown. We have to also honour the generosity provided by the late Hayden Green. Likewise it’s part of the Derek Pavis legacy and defines the Warnock years.

The infrastructure is there in place for us to get to the championship with the stadium and it’s facilities. Why should owners spend money on a new ground when the current ground if maintained is more than suitable. I’d sooner the money be invested in the team.

We’ve been at Meadow Lane 112 years. A move away to a 12-13K Lego stadium on the edge of the city boundary would for me show a complete lack of ambition and lack of respect for the history of Meadow Lane. The Trent Bridge area of the city is a sporting haven and that’s how it should be.

We could ground share with Carlton Town and stay in the city? State of the art stadium, only a half mile or so from Inn For A Penny and a mile from Victoria Retail Park and Maccy Ds…. In fact, just merge with Carlton Town.. be done with it. They’d probably whoop our asses anyway.

I mean… how much more humiliation can we endure ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Stay

Leaving Meadow Lane would be the beginning of the end I think
    100% agree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast