+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The club say they have spoken To Neil Warnock

The club say they have spoken To Neil Warnock

According to Doug O'Kane in today's Chronicle .

Whether he accepts the job is of course another matter .

Fingers crossed but I suspect how much say Warnock has in recruitment may well be the key .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Fingers crossed but I suspect how much say Warnock has in recruitment may well be the key .
    So tell him what the budget is and let him choose his players. He has plenty more experience than the rest of our club put together.

This could be just what we need. (as ive said before)

Not sure about Warnock.
    There are Positives and Negatives.
    Old fashioned manager with old fashioned tactics.
    The club has moved on from that and are trying to build an identity that’s the ‘Barnsley Way’.

Over the years we have all witnessed he’s a morngie nasty foooker - who hates losing - which is no bad thing.
    Brilliant at salvage jobs - so ideal replacement for Schopp.
    But is he the answer for a long term building job ?
    He’s probably too strong a personality for the current board members - his methods and requests could cause upheaval in the boardroom.
    He would definitely bump the season ticket sales up.

No he’s not the long or medium term option it’s short term with promotion the aim.

The knowledge he could disseminate amongst club personnel has taken a lifetime to gather and could move our club forward immeasurably and quickly.

We’ve a massive rebuilding job to do

Big mick mc states no interest in the job

There's no guarantees of a promotion mounting challenge this coming season with Warnock of course .

In fact there's no guarantees of anything no matter who you hire .

What you get with Warnock given his record is to significantly increase the odds on you doing so .

Warnock comes with baggage for want of a better word , he'd fall out with himself if he stayed in a phone box long enough .

Players will either give him what he wants or they will be training with the development team .

Parekh and the CEO had better get him the player he wants in January if we are chasing promotion .

The biggest personality at the club will be himself and anybody not happy with that fact may be better advised to let him get on with it or don't hire him at all .

Everyone knows what you are getting with Warnock after all , there's absolutely no grey areas what so ever .

He's a divisive character and if hired he will defiantly split opinion on here and other platforms over the course of the season , you can guarantee that .

Warnock doesn't care about whether the football is great on the eye .

Warnock doesn't care who he upsets along the way .

If his team kicks itself to promotion next season the route one way he won't give a feck .

ST bought if he's hired from me .

I ain't missing this gig .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I would love Warnock to come in for a year then maybe move upstairs & help out the next man. He will put bums on seats and reinvigorate the fanbase which is infighting mainly due to Conway & Co.
    I suspect his wages and maybe day to day demands maybe the stumbling block but I live in hope.

if Warnock comes that will be a massive statement of intent.

Action, not just words.

I will renew my ST if his appointment is confirmed.

I remember many years ago when Dave Bassett was appointed I renewed straight away if Neil comes same as for me plus he played for us plenty old UN's will remember

This next appointment is key…. But a short term “Warnock” deal isn’t for me. They could hire Klopp or Pep and I won’t renew this coming season. The “Show of intent” for me will be the beginning of NEXT season, should we get promoted back to the championship at the first attempt. When they have a stable manager, with some brass spent to improve the promotion squad, not just rely on kids again. THEN, we will know of their intent. For me, Warnock shows they want to get back to the Championship, and would then be in the same position, looking for a new Coach………

Nowt different then !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast