+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done Grimsby

Well Done Grimsby

Fair play, well deserved on their mentality over the last three games.

Many people said that it is impossible to win the play offs from 6th. That not every team has a similar chance. I, like many others, hate to say I told you so, but it turns out that I was right. 6th placed Grimsby win 2 away games and then at a neutral venue, beating the 2nd and 3rd teams in the bargain.

If we keep getting in the play offs. We will get up.

Quote Originally Posted by JonahBabb14 View Post
    Many people said that it is impossible to win the play offs from 6th. That not every team has a similar chance. I, like many others, hate to say I told you so, but it turns out that I was right.
    Yep, you hate to tell us that you were right sooooo much that you start a new thread specifically to tell us that you were right!

Nice one Jonah, wish I woz as clever as you.

Many people said that it is impossible to win the play offs from 6th. That not every team has a similar chance. I, like many others, hate to say I told you so, but it turns out that I was right. 6th placed Grimsby win 2 away games and then at a neutral venue, beating the 2nd and 3rd teams in the bargain.

I said the other day, with there being so many decent teams in the NL that the number of teams winning it from the lower P/O positions would soon change. Did they believe me? Did they bumbar.

I said at the start of the season Notts would not go up and I never go to any games unless I am back in the UK. Hate to say I told you so but I was right. However I can't see a need for a new thread on my bold prediction.

You are right Jonah, most people on here did poo poo the idea you could get promoted from 6th or 7th.
    It will be interesting to see next year, if we were to finish in either of those positions if there was any more of a positive vibe to us going up.
    I also think it proves what a tight league it was at the top, with all top 7 clubs very good.

The difference being, Grimsby fought their way out of the league. Whereas we believed we were better than the rest, and had only got to turn up to win. That was thanks to a gutless manager, who was more likened to Sgt Wilson in dads army.. I hope the next guy has a bit more bottle than the pair or whimps we had standing on the touch line..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The difference being, Grimsby fought their way out of the league. Whereas we believed we were better than the rest, and had only got to turn up to win. That was thanks to a gutless manager, who was more likened to Sgt Wilson in dads army.. I hope the next guy has a bit more bottle than the pair or whimps we had standing on the touch line..
    Yes, Our manager was so poor and gutless, a club two divisions higher recruited him. That self-made millionaire Dale Vince must be a real silly chap.

I do think if we had had a couple of the Grimsby players or of similar ilk (eg Waterfall for Lacey, and McAtee for Sam), Notts would have had all the ingredients.

Congratulations Grimsby. You did it the hard way. You deserve promotion at the expense of those that didn't.

Congratulations Nostradamus.

Playoffs are a complete lottery and this year Grimsby had the winning ticket.
    They were 5 seconds from falling at the first hurdle until JR had a complete rush of blood.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast