+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnes

Barnes

Extends his contract for another year. Says everything about our ambitions for next season.

He'll be OK in the Championship with no VAR.

Hands off our number one $hithouse, he's exempt from criticism...

Attachment 21886

I've no problem with Ash in the Championship, it's the other ten I worry about.

Still life in the old dog yet.A season in the Championship will be his swansong-he might even find the net for a change.Superb penalty taker.

I'm glad. He'll be great in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Extends his contract for another year. Says everything about our ambitions for next season.
    We’re drifting along giving contracts to older players , Rodriguez, Barnes and Vydra who’s crocked are minute - if kompany is coming shouldn’t we be taking his advice on what he wants and doesn’t want or is Pace making all the decisions now regarding players we need.

The whole thing is a **** show again - get the manager in place and let him do his job - losing faith rapidly with this situation, we knew three months ago what the situation was going to be in either league and yet we still chose to do nothing.

We simply don’t have the time to mess around imo anyway - get off your arse Pace and get things moving.

The main problem that lead to our relegation was we did not score enough goals. Yet we have extended the contracts of Rodriguez and Barnes who have both had injury problems last season and with even more games to be played in a championship season can we expect them to remain injury free. Unfortunately I do not see this as s step forward.

Since we have yet to get a new manager on board this could be a waste of money as they may not suit a new managers style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    The main problem that lead to our relegation was we did not score enough goals. Yet we have extended the contracts of Rodriguez and Barnes who have both had injury problems last season and with even more games to be played in a championship season can we expect them to remain injury free. Unfortunately I do not see this as s step forward.

Since we have yet to get a new manager on board this could be a waste of money as they may not suit a new managers style of play.
    They will have come cheap-they are strikers and cannot score so who else would want them even in the Championship-maybe as back up.

We now need 2 new strikers, 4/5 Midfield/wingers, 2 CB's and possibly an LB & GK. Not much work and plenty of time to do it for the new manager NOT if and when he appears!!! Oh Garlick what a great number you have done on my beloved Burnley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)