+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋 Wootton Joins Stockport

👋 Wootton Joins Stockport

Has anyone seen on twitter the talk that Wootton has been offered £5k a week by Stockport? I personally would be very disappointed if he was to leave, especially to a club only just promoted from our division.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-06-2022 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Edited title to reflect confirmation of transfer

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Has anyone seen on twitter the talk that Wootton has been offered £5k a week by Stockport? I personally would be very disappointed if he was to leave, especially to a club only just promoted from our division.
    A little bit of discussion on the Manager thread.

Can’t fault him for leaving, especially with 250k a year offering. We can’t and won’t compete with that. It seems that Pompey can’t or won’t compete with that weekly wage of 5k either. Stockport being promoted is irrelevant, they seem to have money to burn.

It looks inevitable he will leave having not signed a new contract.

On the evening Post site

Surely it's been obvious to most for months that Wootton won't be signing a new contract with us. It's more just a case of where he ends up.

Like most, I can't really fault him if he accepts a hefty cash offer from Stockport. He'd certainly be mad to stay with us a division below on them on half the wages.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Surely it's been obvious to most for months that Wootton won't be signing a new contract with us. It's more just a case of where he ends up.

Like most, I can't really fault him if he accepts a hefty cash offer from Stockport. He'd certainly be mad to stay with us a division below on them on half the wages.
    Yes it has.

I think it's a very good move for him if it happens, both from a financial and football point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

''Come to our club lad, we'll double or triple your wages''. ''Nah thanx mate, I'll leave it''.

He's been a good un for us, best of luck to the lad. Can't fault him.

Let's be honest, he scored 20 goals but how many did he miss? A more clinical finisher would have had 30-40 goals this season. He does a lot of hold up play and off the ball stuff but I really don't see how he's worth £5k a week. Stockport either have money to burn or will end up another Bury, Derby so on

So Wootton missed all these sitters, which is true, all created by Burchnall's tippy happy football lol. If he had been less wasteful we could have been up. Good luck to him though, as I think those wages are incredibly high for a player such as he.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Let's be honest, he scored 20 goals but how many did he miss? A more clinical finisher would have had 30-40 goals this season. He does a lot of hold up play and off the ball stuff but I really don't see how he's worth £5k a week. Stockport either have money to burn or will end up another Bury, Derby so on
    You could say that but if he was an excellent finisher he wouldnt be in the NL.

Not many scored 20 last season so that shows he was one of the best.

Also Stocky manager seems to know good players he has two promotions in two seasons.

If he gets £5k a week its a no brainer.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast