+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Miggy vs South Korea

Miggy vs South Korea

Scored two and this is his second....pretty good strike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFLfDDkPCs

Perhaps his confidence is growing and we'll see the best of him next season?

Aye, I am convinced theres a player in there somewhere...but time is ticking. I am close to washing my hands.

I like Miggy's smile.....give him £120,000 a week!

Looks like he's staying according to his agent...

https://twitter.com/DomScurr/status/1535256761011142656

Well, we're a completely different club to the one when he signed. We've got a manager who actually knows how to coach which should help Miggy. Needs to add more goals/assists to have a long-term future here though i think

He does, he does.

Whether he can or not I guess we'll see this season. I think Howe will be able to turn him into a more effective sub but as a starter? I'm not sure he's got that in him, unfortunately.

Looking back there was probably too much expectation and pressure on Miggy when we broke our transfer record for him. And we were very defensive then too which didn't help. I think you're right about him being a sub rather than a starter.....looks like he'll have a full pre-season with Howe now so let's see how he does

I’m gonna buck the trend here and say I reckon we can do a lot better and we need to do a lot better if we want to push up the table.

30 games… 1 goal… 0 assists last season

I get that people think he might come good under Howe, but if that is the case he has shown no sign of improving under Howe and a lot of other players did… so if not already, then when?

His overall record… 9 goals and 3 assists in 109 Prem games… Schar had the same goals and assists in less than 90 games… and that was under the same managers and situation Miggy had to deal with, so Bruce etc isn’t an excuse, and when a defender has the same end product as an attacking player then it’s got to raise questions.

His overall career stats are pretty poor, best spell he ever had was in the MLS (where we brought him over from)… but let’s be honest, that’s not a great league and probably isn’t even as good as the Fizzy in terms of overall quality of teams (there’s a few big names there, but they are at the end of their careers)

Seems a lovely bloke, smiles a lot and runs a lot… and am sure he’s very popular in the dressing room… but at the best he’s a squad player and no more.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)