+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Gareth Southgate to go

Time for Gareth Southgate to go

Clueless .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Clueless .
    We have the players.
    We have always had the players.

Southgate lost us the European Final because of his timidness - and sideways crab tactics.
    He’s boring - sends me to sleep just listening to him.

In saying that - I wanted the Callum Styles team to win.
    He played well - he didn’t do anything dramatic - just nice and steady.
    Phillips didn’t get a kick whilst Styles was on the field.

What impressed me most about Hungary was their No 9 - and then Adam who was brought on to replace him.
    Some brilliant centre forward play from these two.
    Some great lay offs.
    Something we missed last season at Barnsley - but hope to see it in the new season.

Said same for last few years , a yes man for the FA , w@#£÷€$ !

The nation seemed to love him and his waistcoats, in 2018 lol.
    But in fairness we haven't learned anything from him and haven't gone forward at all under him, in the years since.
    I'm trying to say it's only the Nations league, and I will always try to support my country as much as my club. But this doesn't feel good right now as we try to build confidence towards the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The nation seemed to love him and his waistcoats, in 2018 lol.
    But in fairness we haven't learned anything from him and haven't gone forward at all under him, in the years since.
    I'm trying to say it's only the Nations league, and I will always try to support my country as much as my club. But this doesn't feel good right now as we try to build confidence towards the WC.
    Only thing he’s achieved is to break the club rivalry that’s been holding back the England squad for decades.
    But he just isn’t brave enough to release the massive talents we have in our strike force.
    He’s dull.
    I hope I’m wrong for Englands sake.

Agree but maybe some good will come out of tonight & he realises he needs to play his strongest team available & take more risks rather than playing youngsters as if the world cup is 2 years away. If we win first group match in qatar tonights match will be quickly forgotten.

I disagree! He has had us to a World semi, Euro final in the last 2 competitions, he was testing out players ready for September and this just didn’t work out!
    He’s finalising his squad for the World Cup and has been using the nations league as you would friendlies to test out players.
    He has us in the best position we have been in for many years, he needs to be left to get on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I disagree! He has had us to a World semi, Euro final in the last 2 competitions, he was testing out players ready for September and this just didn’t work out!
    He’s finalising his squad for the World Cup and has been using the nations league as you would friendlies to test out players.
    He has us in the best position we have been in for many years, he needs to be left to get on with it!
    Well said mate, Southgate has done well with England in my view.It's not like we've continually reached Semi's & Finals since 1966. UTB

He got involved in too many political situations , many fans are currently fed up of this taking the knee stance now , he also gave out Caps to far too many unheard of players , involving too many player's , he doesn't know his arse from his elbow , he did however fit the criteria for being a yes man , They shouldn't be going to Qatar double standards ? But money talks !!

Well I hope that is the case, and that we'll be able to look back at this debacle and just dismiss it.
    The WC is the priority of course and I hope Southgate is learning things from this. Im just not convinced by him anymore though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast