+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England v Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Losing the final may have been his fault but surely he deserves massive credit for the fact that we were actually in the final in the first place too?
    I keep hearing this opinion but look who we actually played at the Euros to get to the final.

Group - sneek a 1-0 vs Croatia, Draw 0-0 with Scotland, Beat Czech Republic 1-0 ( no result was convincing )
    R16 - Beat Germany 2-0, Good result to be fair, but it was a very poor Germany side in the middle of a rebuild.
    Quarters: England 4-0 Ukraine, Playing Ukraine... Not a tough match
    Semi : england 2-1 Denmark AET - beating Denmark after extra time, its not a top side again...
    Final: Lose to Italy the first actual good side we met.

We had probably the luckiest route to a final we'd ever of asked for, a final which was at home, at wembley infront of a massive partisan crowd, yet we lost. For me this was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by KPie View Post
    I keep hearing this opinion but look who we actually played at the Euros to get to the final.

Group - sneek a 1-0 vs Croatia, Draw 0-0 with Scotland, Beat Czech Republic 1-0 ( no result was convincing )
    R16 - Beat Germany 2-0, Good result to be fair, but it was a very poor Germany side in the middle of a rebuild.
    Quarters: England 4-0 Ukraine, Playing Ukraine... Not a tough match
    Semi : england 2-1 Denmark AET - beating Denmark after extra time, its not a top side again...
    Final: Lose to Italy the first actual good side we met.

We had probably the luckiest route to a final we'd ever of asked for, a final which was at home, at wembley infront of a massive partisan crowd, yet we lost. For me this was a failure.
    Was about to reply the same thing, same as the world cup semi final, we crumbled against an alright but aging Croatia. Those two tournaments represented our best chance due to luck of the draw, we had two shots at beating Belgium and fails twice

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Was about to reply the same thing, same as the world cup semi final, we crumbled against an alright but aging Croatia. Those two tournaments represented our best chance due to luck of the draw, we had two shots at beating Belgium and fails twice
    You say luck of the draw but I don't remember England looking like they wanted to beat Belgium. 3rd place play-off was the other game and absolutely no-one gives a pish about that.

I don't know of an alternate and I think he's earned this World Cup to balls up due to us getting to a semi-final and final. If we perform like we have in these friendlies at the tournament - get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    You say luck of the draw but I don't remember England looking like they wanted to beat Belgium. 3rd place play-off was the other game and absolutely no-one gives a pish about that.

I don't know of an alternate and I think he's earned this World Cup to balls up due to us getting to a semi-final and final. If we perform like we have in these friendlies at the tournament - get rid.
    And waste 4 years? We know he's useless, get someone in who can produce the goods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12