+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blacky appoint Michael Appleton (again)

Blacky appoint Michael Appleton (again)

Yes, the orange donkey lashers have appointed Micky Applepie as their new manager, on a 4 year deal lol. And I never knew BS Ben Mansford is there these days, so hes clearly still working his magic.
    There was some confusion over whether they were in advanced talks with Micky Duff, but he eventually signed for us of course.
    When we've been looking for managers over the years, Appleton's name usually got suggested, but I was never that keen on the idea to be honest.
    Ive nowt against them as a club, but I can't help but laugh at some of the 'pelters' that their fans are slinging, because of this. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes, the orange donkey lashers have appointed Micky Applepie as their new manager, on a 4 year deal lol. And I never knew BS Ben Mansford is there these days, so hes clearly still working his magic.
    There was some confusion over whether they were in advanced talks with Micky Duff, but he eventually signed for us of course.
    When we've been looking for managers over the years, Appleton's name usually got suggested, but I was never that keen on the idea to be honest.
    Ive nowt against them as a club, but I can't help but laugh at some of the 'pelters' that their fans are slinging, because of this. 😅
    Surely they had other options. Appleton certainly hasn't pulled any trees up as a manager so to appoint him second time round as well seems a very odd decision to me.

Well I'd forgot Arb, that he walked out on them the first time after just 2 months, and for their neighbours Blackburn of all teams.
    I think he's had some success in the lower leagues with Lincoln, but I think they might have a real struggle next season in the Champship.

Good luck to them with everything they’ve been through with their previous owners.

Yeah I think they were the first club and set of fans to openly challenge their owners, and it was a long hard struggle for them.
    I'm interested if Michael Duff actually went to talk to them, like we thought he had. I thought at the time that surely he will pick them, and that's why we'd probably end up with Hasselbank. But for whatever reason, it didn't happen and fingers crossed that we've got the better option in Duff. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah I think they were the first club and set of fans to openly challenge their owners, and it was a long hard struggle for them.
    I'm interested if Michael Duff actually went to talk to them, like we thought he had. I thought at the time that surely he will pick them, and that's why we'd probably end up with Hasselbank. But for whatever reason, it didn't happen and fingers crossed that we've got the better option in Duff. 👍
    Yes good luck to Blackpool after what they've been through.
    Appleton was bang average at Oxford and he hasn't built on the success that the Cowley's had at Lincoln. I think both both sides might struggle with relegation next season.

Well I hope they (and Rotherham as well), can prove the doubters wrong and stay up again.
    Luton might get found out this time, and I keep thinking Preston and Coventry as well might struggle.
    Surely Sunderland will settle down in that league after winning the Play offs, and I dun't really give a doo daa either way about Wigan lol.
    But if theres one team who should be doing better, and have stagnated and struggled in recent years, its Birmingham. Maybe this will be their year to make the drop. 😉