+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We were defensively sound under TC which was a very positive impact. Ross Graham was a revelation.
    How much of that was down to Courts? He inherited some decent defenders and a keeper that turned a fair few draws or losses into wins.

Sorry mate, the reference was to Tony Watt, not Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    There's a lot of fans of other clubs and some of ours who think Shankland isn't Premiership standard. I don't go along with that. In Mellons side that played awful survival at any costs football there was no quality midfield or wide service creating chances for him on a regular basis. He got frustrated, his head went down a wee bit and passed up a few opportunities which he would normally put away. To me that's not a lack of quality, it's his mind not being 100% right. His body language in several games told us he wasn't enjoying life in that side and wanted out. But I think wherever he ends up he will get goals if given the right service.
    See my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    How much of that was down to Courts? He inherited some decent defenders and a keeper that turned a fair few draws or losses into wins.
    What you are saying here sounds a bit like giving TC credit for anything bad but not for anything good.

He was in charge of the team at the time. If you were to ask Dunfermline fans about Graham at the point he came back to us from the loan they would have told you he is utter ****e. Instead TC had him playing and he turns out to be one of the best defenders in the league.

What you are saying here sounds a bit like giving TC credit for anything bad but not for anything good.

He was in charge of the team at the time. If you were to ask Dunfermline fans about Graham at the point he came back to us from the loan they would have told you he is utter ****e. Instead TC had him playing and he turns out to be one of the best defenders in the league.
    Obviously I didn't see anything that went on Monday to Friday at the club but from what I saw on match days, Courts did little or nothing to influence a game.

In his press conferences he talked the biggest load of sh1te I think I've ever heard from a manager. He must have thought our heads were zipped up the back with some of the comments he made after games.

That is what I'm basing my judgement of him on.

In the end, it doesn't matter, we've got a new manager and I'm very optimistic that he'll be a major upgrade to the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    There's a lot of fans of other clubs and some of ours who think Shankland isn't Premiership standard. I don't go along with that. In Mellons side that played awful survival at any costs football there was no quality midfield or wide service creating chances for him on a regular basis. He got frustrated, his head went down a wee bit and passed up a few opportunities which he would normally put away. To me that's not a lack of quality, it's his mind not being 100% right. His body language in several games told us he wasn't enjoying life in that side and wanted out. But I think wherever he ends up he will get goals if given the right service.
    While your post was in reply about the wrong person, its relevance to our teams position of Striker cannot ever be in doubt. No matter if its about Shankland, Watt or even Clark, the strikers joab is to put the ball in the back of the net, and that he cannot do if the delivery is poor or downright non existent! That also goes for having said strikers play a role to help the team!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Obviously I didn't see anything that went on Monday to Friday at the club but from what I saw on match days, Courts did little or nothing to influence a game.

In his press conferences he talked the biggest load of sh1te I think I've ever heard from a manager. He must have thought our heads were zipped up the back with some of the comments he made after games.

That is what I'm basing my judgement of him on.

In the end, it doesn't matter, we've got a new manager and I'm very optimistic that he'll be a major upgrade to the last one.
    Personally I prefer to judge a United gaffer on results. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    While your post was in reply about the wrong person, its relevance to our teams position of Striker cannot ever be in doubt. No matter if its about Shankland, Watt or even Clark, the strikers joab is to put the ball in the back of the net, and that he cannot do if the delivery is poor or downright non existent! That also goes for having said strikers play a role to help the team!
    Indeed. Our attacking problem last season was we created very little for the strikers.

We were defensively sound under TC which was a very positive impact. Ross Graham was a revelation.
    But we have just lost Benji.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    But we have just lost Benji.

I didn't rate him as highly as others, prone to major clangers.Hope we can do better. Sure, he got us points sometimes but he lost them for us too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)