+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jack Ross

Hope he stays oot oh fatties so heez wife disna have to haul him back to Soon deh laaaand.
    This place will be full oh funsters saying we told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    All hail Gunboat the Arabian Makar
    Sinking steel capped words into 'Dairy' Knacker
    Thanks very much Deebuster,i hope other Arabs enjoyed reading my work last night,i certainly had an FN ball composing them aff the cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks very much Deebuster,i hope other Arabs enjoyed reading my work last night,i certainly had an FN ball composing them aff the cuff.
    Top form GB 👍

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Top form GB ��
    Cheers Stokie boy,had my best night on the board last night in a very long time,its only fair that i thank Tony Asghar again for our best managerial appointment in years.I know i can fly aff the handle easily to criticize but i also can be fulsome in my praise for a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    We bought the top scorer in Scotland at Christmas and he scored 1 goal after he came to us. That's not getting the best out of your players.
    A striker who has only had one scoring streak in his career.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-down-24279204

I wonder who he turned down in Scotland?.

I'm giving JACK ROSS a score of 9.5/10 as my excitement factor about his appointment.
    I don't like to worry you but here are my scores for the previous 6 appointments.

TAM COURTS 7.0/10
    MICKY MELLON 8.5/10
    ROBBIE NIELSON 9,5/10
    CSABA LASZLO 8.0 /10
    RAY McKINNON 9.5/10
    MIXU PAATELAINEN 9.5/10

Yeah I thought they were all pretty much the dog's *******s but sadly it turned out to be 7 managers in 7 years.
    Interestingly McNamara/Levein/Houston prior to that was 3 in 9 years. Shades of Kerr & McLean!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    And he was at the peak of it when he came to us. What players did Courts get the best out of and what specific games did he affect in a positive way?

We were defensively sound under TC which was a very positive impact. Ross Graham was a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    There's a lot of fans of other clubs and some of ours who think Shankland isn't Premiership standard. I don't go along with that. In Mellons side that played awful survival at any costs football there was no quality midfield or wide service creating chances for him on a regular basis. He got frustrated, his head went down a wee bit and passed up a few opportunities which he would normally put away. To me that's not a lack of quality, it's his mind not being 100% right. His body language in several games told us he wasn't enjoying life in that side and wanted out. But I think wherever he ends up he will get goals if given the right service.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)