+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 📝 Tiernan Brooks new deal

📝 Tiernan Brooks new deal

Promising goalkeeper Tiernan Brooks has signed a new three-year contract.

The 20-year-old is highly thought of at Meadow Lane and is keen to make 2022-23 another campaign of personal progression.

“I’m really excited,” said Brooks. “I’m looking forward to working with the new gaffer and seeing what this season brings for me and the club.

“I really enjoyed going out on loan last season, performing every week and eventually reaching a play-off final. It was a new experience and I learned a lot.

“I also had the rare opportunity of attending a training camp with England, which gave me the chance to compare myself with Premier League and Championship keepers of the same age.

“I’ve got a great working relationship with our keeper coach Tom Weal and I couldn’t ask for any more from Sam Slocombe, who’s brilliant to learn from and always there to talk to if I need him.

“I feel like I’m progressing really well and I’m determined for that to continue.”

Weal is also delighted with Brooks’ progress.

“Tiernan had a really successful 2021-22 season,” said the coach. “He maximised his opportunities on and off the pitch to develop himself as a player and person.

“On a personal level, he’s great to work with. He really pushes himself in training, wants to learn and has developed a very healthy relationship with Sam, who is a hugely positive influence.

“We’re really grateful to Coalville Town for giving him the platform to impress there on loan last season. Tiernan massively benefited from that move and, with him still being at a stage in his career when maximising gametime is essential, we’re exploring a variety of loan options for this season.

“His success at Coalville combined with the international recognition he’s received are indicators of his huge potential.

“It’s now up to him to continue pushing his own boundaries and set his sights on defining the type of goalkeeper he is, how professional he is and how he can affect our thinking in terms of him becoming our number-one in the future.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/brooks-new-contract-220622/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-06-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added signature icon to title

Exploring loan options. A new keeper definitely on the radar then. Wonder where Patterson is in the pecking order…

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Exploring loan options. A new keeper definitely on the radar then. Wonder where Patterson is in the pecking order…
    A new signing such as MacDonald or perhaps another loanee as #2.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Can't see him dropping to our level again. If anything, he'll be starting for Sunderland in the Champsionship.

He would be heading to forest green before he ever gets to us...!