+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sack race

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its not that i dont like what you are saying, its the fact that it is all you have trotted out in the last few weeks. To me there is something very wrong when managers are walking every close season, and in this case not making it to the 5th game!

Questions need to be asked and i just wonder if you are willing to entertain another reason for those departures as i really dont think TC did get too big for his boots!
    Everything points to The Sporting Director,am i allowed to post that?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think a statue next to Jim's would be a fitting tribute.
    Nah! Big Tone has got his order in for that!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    TC got stick from the moment he was appointed and done a fine job overall and got the most out of most players that could contribute, my gripe with him is he seems to have got big for his boots too soon and should have stayed here for 2-3 years, nerve we are in this position with JR in charge, was a legit reply to the post I replied to anyway, if you don't like it, too bad
    Not so sure about the too big for the boots stuff, but..... I think he had a better first season than he could ever have wished for, with loads of help from the senior players, and the young guns stepping up to the plate when given the chance.

Can't believe he left for a club that small, especially when we were about to get a European tie (psychic maybe?)

He was seemingly happy to try and talk to other clubs as well, which didn't go down too well with just about everyone involved with the club.

I honestly think there is something no quite right going on behind the scenes that makes managers want to bail out so soon. And, I think Tam maybe realised that he was never gonna better the season he just had, whether it was luck, genius , help from within, I have no idea.

But...... the... "what's going on behind the scenes" is happening again, and that is defo NOT a good thing....

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Courts got a lot out of most of them last season, young players that were good enough excelled throughout the season, from Kerr Smith onwards
    Yip. The Mr. Positive approach certainly worked better than whatever JR is saying to them.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)