+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First team coach departs

We haven't managed to play well in any of the previous playoff games. I don't suppose it could have anything to do with how the manager made poor use of the subs, or team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We haven't managed to play well in any of the previous playoff games. I don't suppose it could have anything to do with how the manager made poor use of the subs, or team selection.
    My view is I don't think we played badly at all against Barnet, Chesterfield or Torquay, but did against Harrogate and Grimsby. We were very comfortable versus Barnet and the Chesterfield and Torquay games were both very entertaining and even matches. Harrogate we got outplayed and outthought, same against Grimsby.

The starting lineup against Grimsby is what I wanted so I can't complain, and certainly not in hindsight. As for subs, we were unfortunate with the injuries suffered during the game especially Cal so early on in the match.

We were close to going through in that game but most people thought we wouldn't go up in the playoffs from what they'd seen in the season, mainly the soft underbelly, whether you're less likely to go up in the playoffs than not. Then when we lost the Grimsby game people said we'd have most likely lost to Wrexham away especially as the Wrexham V Grimsby game alot of goals were set pieces. Then there's the final. We might have been close in the first game to getting in my opinion an undeserved win (on the balance of play in the game and good chances created) but as for going up we looked lightweight and quite far off the top/playoff winning potential all season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456