+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red/Yellow Cards/Bans

Red/Yellow Cards/Bans

Seems we need a bit of clarification regarding the 'moderation' of some posters here. Without naming names we have maybe some posters who some of us would rather not be here for various reasons. Note though that all have been 'spoken to' on a few occasions, either on the face of the board or by PM, and have apologised/ withdrawn statements/ modified behaviour albeit temporarily in some cases. I'll continue to do that rather than ban anyone, even when I'm sent a PM with a veiled threat, sent by a poster daring me to ban them (guess who, there was thunder in the air).

If you have an issue with any specific trangressions, please PM me as I don't read all of the twaddle written here

And please remember there is an ignore button

Note also MA has asked to be joint mod but my requests to admin have been ignored

COYR
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 01-07-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Yes I can put our ESN poster on ignore, but I do not want to be part of a community that tolerates libel and thinly veiled hints of violence and more than I would one that tolerates racist or ***ist posts.

C’mon Andy...despite our somewhat different political perspectives I think you’re doing a decent job but this is ridiculous.

You need help, as all too often you seem to be ‘away from your computer’ and MA would be a good choice...level headed, articulate, with a good set of values. If admin ‘ignore’ you then just do it.

As for DCFCA. I don’t get it. He’s threatened you? Isn’t that enough?
    You’ve ‘threatened’ Swale with action loads of times and he has never produced garbage like DCFCA or libelled individuals.
    Either last night or this morning he referred to David Clowes as a ‘stealer’...aka a thief. Despite DCFCA’s protestations that is libel and while I hope Mr. Clowes has got many other much more important things to think about at the moment...if that gets back to him both you, and the forum, could be in a whole lot of bother.

Finally, if GP goes because of DCFCA you/the forum have a major problem. I’ve had many run ins with GP/RR and will probably continue to do so, but the fact is he is often an eloquent and informed contributor who offers more than anyone as far as knowledge surrounding the takeover is concerned.

Personally I respect and enjoy exchanging opinions with all but two posters on this forum, but if you start swapping informed opinion for idiocy and libel then its days are numbered and others will leave too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-07-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Seems we need a bit of clarification regarding the 'moderation' of some posters here. Without naming names we have maybe some posters who some of us would rather not be here for various reasons. Note though that all have been 'spoken to' on a few occasions, either on the face of the board or by PM, and have apologised/ withdrawn statements/ modified behaviour albeit temporarily in some cases. I'll continue to do that rather than ban anyone, even when I'm sent a PM with a veiled threat, sent by a poster daring me to ban them (guess who, there was thunder in the air).

If you have an issue with any specific trangressions, please PM me as I don't read all of the twaddle written here

And please remember there is an ignore button

Note also MA has asked to be joint mod but my requests to admin have been ignored

COYR
    If you don't ban him then I'd say there is little point in you being a moderator. I mean its not as if he hasn't previous having it seems been banned form most other Forums. yes there is the ignore button, which I use to success with Thicky but DCFA is in a different league and frankly must concern the Forum given the nature of what he posts.

If the only way this necessary action will be taken is for all regular users to abstain from the Forum until he is removed, then perhaps that's the action we should take.

You can then converse with him on your own.

I feel a response is now overdue AF. I know you asked for PM’s but you made this ‘public’ in the first place.
    I also know you can’t - and shouldn’t - ban anyone for stupidity (200 acres springs to mind as just one example) but that wasn’t GP’s or Swale’s objection.
    They objected to being part of a forum that ignores libellous comments and allows someone to spout nonsense while appearing to be under the influence of something or other...although I’ve absolutely no idea what.

Understand that your role can be awkward but sometimes you have to be Mr. Nasty and actually act.
    In case you haven’t noticed, on perhaps the most encouraging evening for Rams’ fans in recent times, neither GP nor Swale have posted since lunch time.
    Politically they’re virtual opposites but between then they have provided some of the most informed and balanced comments since we went into administration.
    To feel the need to preclude themselves now because you are ‘protecting’ someone who makes, at best half witted, and at worst, libellous comments, cannot, imo, be right.

In the interests of the future of the forum it needs sorting ASAP.

Here here!!
    One poster could terminate this forum. Action please!

With regard to my offer to AF re moderating. There was a period, which may still be actual, where, for logistical reasons, he was unable to moderate fully. I PM'ed him and offered to assist until such time as he could return to full on Mod status.

As it's out there now, I thought it prudent to put the full story out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With regard to my offer to AF re moderating. There was a period, which may still be actual, where, for logistical reasons, he was unable to moderate fully. I PM'ed him and offered to assist until such time as he could return to full on Mod status.

No idea if there are still logistical reasons but he doesn’t appear to be moderating ‘fully’, if at all, at the moment, MA.
    When I first joined we had Ramondo (best ever) Rats (not the best ever!) and Bloomer (pretty good).
    We also had a clear card system and a like button...all of which worked well, imo.

Now we’ve got stickies....which suddenly only seem to be applied to the mod’s own threads...and people can say what they like with something close to impunity.

I’ve no idea why anyone would want to be a mod, even less why they’d take it on singlehandedly, but if you’re going to do it...do it properly. For much of the time where the majority of posters are concerned things will run themselves. Most of us are reasonable (i’ve never been carded and I doubt mac, amongst others, has...or that Stenson should have been) but when people indulge in libel, defamation, racism, ***ism and threatening/abusive behaviour they need to know there’ll be consequences. We’ve lost that at the moment imo, so personally...I hope you join Andy as a joint moderator quickly and begin the process of attracting rather than losing posters.

P.S. Bizarre...we can’t write ‘s ex’, ‘te en’ or ‘vi tal’ but someone can call David Clowes a ‘stealer’. Nutshell time!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-07-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

And to add to that I’ve tried to contact admin via email, pm and on the moderator board and had no reply

One gets the impression that Admin are more concerned with quantity over quality. Continue as things have been recently and this forum will die as posters leave and new ones become a collector's item. We recently had the pleasure of welcoming Sith Happens who has contributed significantly with vibrant and informative posts. Thanks Sith.
    So, let's get back to interesting, informative threads with plenty of banter (sometimes controversial) without the garbage that has been allowed to creep in! Now that we can look forward to the new season with renewed hope let the football dictate the discussions and not the 'Putin' type aggression!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)