+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dion Kelly Evans

Agree with all of the above sentiments. I wouldn't have released him. Borehamwood have got themselves a wholehearted and somewhat underrated player imho.

As others have said good luck to DKE and good that he’s secured a two year deal. Boreham Wood are getting a player that gives his all, has an abundance of grit and determination along with effort. Qualities that are important particularly at this level. Not forgetting being good in the air despite not being the tallest.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Agree with all of the above sentiments. I wouldn't have released him. Borehamwood have got themselves a wholehearted and somewhat underrated player imho.
    I would have kept him as well.. He never shied away from a tackle, and probably won more headers than most of the defence..

Full of heart, commitement, energy and no fear was our DKE, but if you are looking to improve on a 5th place finish you need better IMO. Obviously I don't know whether we have or haven't yet but I am happy to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Full of heart, commitement, energy and no fear was our DKE, but if you are looking to improve on a 5th place finish you need better IMO. Obviously I don't know whether we have or haven't yet but I am happy to risk it.
    Agree with this and the player may wanted to leave to play more games

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Agree with this and the player may wanted to leave to play more games
    Agreed, CP. He could never be assured of being the regular first choice full-back.

Good luck to him, will always give 100%. However once on a yellow you were always worried it'll lead to a red. Having to take a player off purely for that reason isn't a good position for a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Agreed, CP. He could never be assured of being the regular first choice full-back.
    I think anticlough had a point that DKE wasn't good enough with his quality of ball into the box to be a genuine right-wing-back, which might be why Notts chose to go with different options in TAR and Sam Austin, but I still would have wanted to keep his energy and commitment in the squad. He reminds me in some ways of Curtis Thompson, who we should never have released.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Great to see DKE get a 2 year deal at Boreham Wood. I don't know if he was underrated by IB, more like IB thought there were better players in either full back/wing back position. If team selection was down to guts, passion and effort, DKE would be the first name on the team sheet. Good luck Dion
    Would suggest IB was more interested in what a wing back could do with rather than without the ball which doesn’t play to DKE’s strengths.

Although I’d have to say Richardson was no better on the ball, just better at getting on the ball of that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Good luck to him, will always give 100%. However once on a yellow you were always worried it'll lead to a red. Having to take a player off purely for that reason isn't a good position for a manager.
    He played 86 games with 70 starts according to the website I looked at.

12 yellows and 2 reds isn't bad for someone who played like he did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast