+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County's New Owners Are Clowes Developments / Open Letter From David Clowes

Derby County's New Owners Are Clowes Developments / Open Letter From David Clowes

Following today’s welcome announcement that the takeover of Derby County Football Club by Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd has been completed and therefore taking the club out of Administration, David Clowes has penned an Open Letter.

It is with an immense sense of pride that I write to you having finalised our agreement to buy Derby County and end nine months of uncertainty and fear over the future of our club.

As a lifelong supporter, I could not stand by as the risk of losing Derby County became all too real. I could not have looked myself in the mirror if I had not done everything possible to protect it. That is why it is so exciting to be part of the process of building a fresh future at Pride Park for the fans and loyal club staff who have been through so much.

The true spirit of this football club rests with the fans, it is nothing without them. Your support throughout some difficult times has been inspirational and we intend to build on that loyalty.

The decision to get involved with the purchase of the stadium, and subsequently the club, has not been an easy one. As a private person, I did not want the publicity and would prefer to remain an anonymous supporter watching the team from my usual seat. However, if that is the price to secure the future of the club, then so be it.

I won’t be making any extravagant promises, however I can confirm my intentions. My focus now is to stabilise the football club in every department and to make sure we have the foundations in place for success, however long that takes.

We intend to bring the same principles to Derby County that we believe have been the reasons behind the success of Clowes Developments. We are embedded in the heart of the community, and we recognise what is important to the people of Derby – integrity, transparency, and a straightforward way of doing business.

To those people who have worked tirelessly at the club in the most difficult of circumstances, I offer my sincere thanks. My team and I will be doing our best to get to know you all and listen to what you have to say from the outset.

We have to maintain a degree of continuity because there is no point walking into an institution that has been here for 138 years and having the arrogance to think we possess all the answers. My team will work with people, listen, and learn before coming to any decisions.

Circumstances dictated that our ownership bid was swift and that means we will be taking the proper amount of time to assess how the club operates and any changes we might need to make.

What I will say, is that the playing side of the club will receive every support possible. It’s ***** we start work on recruitment immediately and, for that, we will rely on the expertise of the existing staff as well as bringing in a support structure to help them move as quickly as possible to build a side that will be competitive in time for the new season.

We are also committed to maintaining a Category One academy. The club’s track record of producing talent is outstanding, and we intend to protect that proud legacy because we believe in the future of Derby County at every level including the Community Trust and, of course, Derby County Women.

Words, I know, are cheap and so, going forward, we intend to be judged by our actions.

Alongside my team, I will be doing everything in my power to make Derby County safe, secure, and successful for many generations to come.

Thank you

David Clowes

Owner, Derby County Football Club

COYR!

Thank goodness for that! Nice news to break, AF.
    Now can we restore some sanity. Get rid of the poster who yesterday called Clowes a ‘stealer’ and start concentrating on football related matters again with those who’ve been the bedrock of this forum restored?

Congratulations David Clowes. We don’t need false promises, ‘safe, secure and successful’ will fit the bill nicely.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-07-2022 at 05:36 PM.

He had no choice ince the wrath of thunder was making an appearence

They were trying it on but realised they had no choice in the end

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Oh PI$$ OFF

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Oh PI$$ OFF
    Seconded!

He best behave

And he best not do what Morris did

One odd thing is the Forest fan ive been talking to actually has the hump we survived

“Tax evasion but you got away without a points deduction eh” sounded very sarcy and petulant

What the ****?

Arent they bragging about prem football and making big money signings?

****ing eejits

We can bin the ****s and get starting with a proper football rivalry anyway

Bring on Wycombe and Sheff Weds
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 01-07-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Definitely a glass half full chap aren't you. Anyway coyr let's hope better times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Definitely a glass half full chap aren't you. Anyway coyr let's hope better times ahead
    I don't know what he's half full of Sith but the brown stuff comes to mind.
    Anyway, not the time to worry about trifles like the mad one but it is the time to finally say hooray, to thank our saviour and to consume some amber liquid.
    Come.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)