+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season

Cheers for that, Wartman.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I see the game against Lommel was a 1-3 defeat. Don't know any details.
    Just seen a scoreline of 3-1 to the Alex ...

Only what I found on t'internet, so it can't be fake news - can it (?)

I know it's only preseason but 🤞🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I’m envious of your academic achievements Mike. Did you achieve them without having a teacher! In my mind a coach is another word for a teacher. All of us have been coached/taught in our formative years. Please change your tune it’s incredibly boring. Just for the record I attended my first Alex match in 1952 I’ve seen times 10 times worse than this so let’s all pull together. COYR

I was going to put that but you beat me to it.

JG did not just appear in Chelsea's first team, he came through their youth system so must have had some training especially with Drakes ducklings as mentioned before

Yes, all the same websites that yesterday told me it was1-3 are now saying the reverse!🤪. But not complaining about a win!!👍

Re coaching philosopy?

Seems the manager AM agrees with me actually...on the main site today he said..

Alex told crewealex.net: “We wanted to play higher level opposition like Rotherham this week and West Brom last week. We want to face Championship clubs because not only for the physical element, but also to generate the structure around the ball and behind the ball.

“It allows us to work on things behind the ball defensively that you can only really achieve in a game environment. Ultimately you only get that from playing in games and these type of games when the opposition are of a high calibre and move the ball well and want to get in behind you.

See my comments if you dare when I said its only playing games against good competition that improves players..

AM may just get on with an attitude like that!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Re coaching philosopy?

Seems the manager AM agrees with me actually...on the main site today he said..

Alex told crewealex.net: “We wanted to play higher level opposition like Rotherham this week and West Brom last week. We want to face Championship clubs because not only for the physical element, but also to generate the structure around the ball and behind the ball.

“It allows us to work on things behind the ball defensively that you can only really achieve in a game environment. Ultimately you only get that from playing in games and these type of games when the opposition are of a high calibre and move the ball well and want to get in behind you.

See my comments if you dare when I said its only playing games against good competition that improves players..

AM may just get on with an attitude like that!
    Exactly Mike. Then you analyse said game and teach them where they went wrong, where runners were lost, where the offside trap went wrong, where they could improve, where wrong options were taken. Is that teaching, or dare I say, coaching. Do you think the legendary Arsenal back 4 offside trap just happened because the players were so talented and didn’t need coaching?
    Please please, embrace the 2020’s

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Exactly Mike. Then you analyse said game and teach them where they went wrong, where runners were lost, where the offside trap went wrong, where they could improve, where wrong options were taken. Is that teaching, or dare I say, coaching. Do you think the legendary Arsenal back 4 offside trap just happened because the players were so talented and didn’t need coaching?
    Please please, embrace the 2020’s
    Don't think any of that Arsenal back 4 were particularly skilful players, but as a well-led and well-drilled unit they were brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Don't think any of that Arsenal back 4 were particularly skilful players, but as a well-led and well-drilled unit they were brilliant!
    Well led and well drilled. Can I think of another word for that?

Organised ??

Coached?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast