+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    ....Should Luckour get slagged off when he commented on our under 23 game when all he wants and we want is to see. professional outfit on and off the pitch. I doubt that any 'opinion' on last season and other seasons good and bad can be criticised as that is what fans do isn't it?
    Our U23 game last season against 'Bristol City', who the U23s didn't even play last season...

Haha, nice one.

Look guys, no women fans on here? Why not?

Nobody wants us to succeed as I do having been a fan what? 65 years? I try to be serious and consistent with my views based on all the football I have seen over those years and playing the game myself from a boy to mid twenties and can catagorical state that coaching per se is really nonsense as we have proven here at our club. Yes we will have good years based on a simple fact that if you have hundreds of kids in the academy then some will come through. But that is based not on coaching but on natural ability and playing the game against good competition. The coaches can be detrimental as Jimmy Greaves....Who's he? Said many times as they try to coach from a book and then even good players can lose their flair...And worse if they are played out of position on the pitch. The players are fitter possibly an argument there as could our kids play on those awful pitches of yesteryear? I don't know but you had to be pretty fit to play in those days no matter what club you played for and all the facilities and medical treatment now is unbelievable.

Young kids under 20 ish cannot play a man's game unless they are very fit and very special but you rarely see them in todays game at top level as they just cannot stand the physical part of the game and why ours need two or three years to come up to a better standard and then some only go to clubs in the same division or possibly the championship but that was never the plan by Dario as he was looking at the PL for million pound transfers. The board must surely know all this and the chance of really good kids being picked up by clubs like Chelsea but few even make it even one of our best players like gosh what's his name who we got 5m from ManU? plays for Stoke now...

If we are spending 760K each season on the academy that has to mean less wages and less chance of bringing in better players from elsewhere and why we never used a scouting operation outside which we are glad they have now solved that but the wages dictate as we know. I doubt that many players in the lower league bottom clubs get anything like 5K a week or fortnight but we never seem to know what they get....

Best of luck everyone and our club next season. I hope to be proven wrong and we'll see!

For goodness sake Mike give it a rest. Did you read my previous message on here? Yes clubs do pay that sort of money. Last season DA offered terms to a player whoo said he would like to come to Crewe he turned us down as he wanted £7 k a week plus a large signing on fee.
    Already told you JG, it was nonsense and Ted Drake was a huge fan of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Just on a point of info, for MSBs sake. There was a lot of 'venom' about at the end of last season. Yes, we all have opinions but it becomes something different when there is personal abuse and general abusive language. As for 'its what fans do..', maybe in the 70s but it's not necessary to be personal these days.
    I realise that there are a few keyboard warriors about and it is a problem that some need to be more accountable. If being reasonable, objective and anti-'post-truth' causes others some queasiness, then who's problem is that? Not mine!
    COYR
    LOL. Oh what a good and rightful person you are. Just one point about personal abuse.

Was it not you last season who considered himself so superior that he called genuine, caring,and concerned supporters "blood sucking vampires"? Does that not qualify as personal abuse on this forum?

And was it not you who when you realised you had made a big mistake crawled big time.

Just seen the pics on the OS ...

Good idea to use Loughborough's fantastic facilities, think the water sports would have been very welcome on the hottest day of the year!!!

Hope it's cooler when they play behind closed doors later 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    For goodness sake Mike give it a rest. Did you read my previous message on here? Yes clubs do pay that sort of money. Last season DA offered terms to a player whoo said he would like to come to Crewe he turned us down as he wanted £7 k a week plus a large signing on fee.
    Already told you JG, it was nonsense and Ted Drake was a huge fan of coaching.
    Give it a rest when just half a dozen fans take the trouble to post?

I do not know what sort of money our players are on and have never known but I would guess there are not many first team players on more than a grand a week...and even that is too much for Div3/4in my humble opinion as they are not exactly that good any of them..What was nonsense JG saying what he did as he certainly did say that and I suspect most fans know the difference between giving kids and players a game of football and someone trying to tell them HOW to throw a ball, dribble, pass, shield, kick, sway the ball, take penalties ooops, take throw ins ooops.

Nobody told me HOW to do anything on the pitch or anyone I played alongside and now we have THREE or four coaches possibly costing well over 100,000 per season when we cannot afford any players to come here...I repeat that imho nobody is on the sort of money you suggest...at CAFC..

Give it a rest when just half a dozen fans take the trouble to post?

I do not know what sort of money our players are on and have never known but I would guess there are not many first team players on more than a grand a week...and even that is too much for Div3/4in my humble opinion as they are not exactly that good any of them..What was nonsense JG saying what he did as he certainly did say that and I suspect most fans know the difference between giving kids and players a game of football and someone trying to tell them HOW to throw a ball, dribble, pass, shield, kick, sway the ball, take penalties ooops, take throw ins ooops.

Nobody told me HOW to do anything on the pitch or anyone I played alongside and now we have THREE or four coaches possibly costing well over 100,000 per season when we cannot afford any players to come here...I repeat that imho nobody is on the sort of money you suggest...at CAFC..
    I’m envious of your academic achievements Mike. Did you achieve them without having a teacher! In my mind a coach is another word for a teacher. All of us have been coached/taught in our formative years. Please change your tune it’s incredibly boring. Just for the record I attended my first Alex match in 1952 I’ve seen times 10 times worse than this so let’s all pull together. COYR

Yes - #COYR

Yes, I did make a comment about vampires for which I got, rightly, battered (but in a pisstake way). My "crawling" was a moment of self awareness, where I put my hands up.
    Anyway, I'm not going to be drawn this pointless bickering, anymore.

I see the game against Lommel was a 1-3 defeat. Don't know any details.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I see the game against Lommel was a 1-3 defeat. Don't know any details.

I believe the Belgium side had a strong line up and the new midfielder Colkett scored for Crewe that is as much as I know.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast