+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mic’d up training

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    As others have said, I like what I see. There seems to more focus on pressing with intensity than under IB. I loved him talking about 'destroying' the opposition and how it would be like playing against 20 outfield players.

In contrast, I just watched the IB video posted above. He's much less intense in his manner, plus more than half the session seems to be him explaining the drill to players, who are standing around looking a bit confused.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    The players look bemused by that IB training session. You get the feeling it's all about him with 2 chats about players he's coached in Europe

And Doyle looks completely bemused

On the plus side our microphone is much better than FGR’s as IB cut out a few times. On the negative side IB was a better whistler than LW though I think with more training he will improve

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Good to see the assistant getting involved. I like the sound of LW, sounds like a proper boss rather than a mate.

On the other hand IB is a little tame on his first training with FGR. Plenty of talk about players he was up against in Scandinavia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvgu...estGreenRovers
    I noticed Doyle standing around doing nothing as usual..

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post
    On the plus side our microphone is much better than FGR’s as IB cut out a few times. On the negative side IB was a better whistler than LW though I think with more training he will improve
    A good watch, impressive stuff.

Not sure how trainable it is, but LW's whistling game needs plenty of work. Call yourself a manager?!? I mean Head Coach?!?

Watching that video seemed to be info overload to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Watching that video seemed to be info overload to the players.
    Especially when he said 5 passes before you play it forward...

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Good to see the assistant getting involved. I like the sound of LW, sounds like a proper boss rather than a mate.

On the other hand IB is a little tame on his first training with FGR. Plenty of talk about players he was up against in Scandinavia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvgu...estGreenRovers

Fair comment.

IB did come across more as a mate to the players than a boss at times, and his reaction to bad performances seemed too passive and forgiving for my liking. It's impossible to judge too much from one (edited) glimpse of a training session, but Luke Williams does come across as a bit more authoritative, which I think is good.

IB and NA both adopted the 'mate' approach and there is nothing wrong with that. As we know both were also very similar in post match interviews when we performed badly and/or lost. But they were just that post match interviews to the media knowing full well that they would be seen by the fans.

How they reacted behind closed doors in the dressing room is unknown and I suspect a different matter.

If LW is more of a taskmaster I would be pleased. It's when it goes too far you run into big trouble as a boss.

Sir Alex Ferguson got the balance right. He was your mate when you won!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast