+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sunak and Javad resign....bye bye Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I would pizz myself if next week the police give starmer a fine for the beergate Saga.
    2 party's both without leaders.
    We could end up with gove Vs Abbott now that would be entertaining
    That's not going to happen then. Boooooo

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Which party leader is it who's currently under police inveestigation?
    After a detailed investigation and comprehensive review of all the evidence, the police have decided there is no case to answer...

I suspect you'll somehow think you know better?

Or do you happily accept their judgement?

Return of Maggie?

Name:  0F0519D4-94C1-46A8-86D7-C41A56F5AED7.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  18.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    After a detailed investigation and comprehensive review of all the evidence, the police have decided there is no case to answer...

I suspect you'll somehow think you know better?

Or do you happily accept their judgement?
    Since the PCCs came in it's hard to do that, the police have been politicised.

I can't see why Johnson was fined for cake but Starmer wasn't for beer and curry.

But the most important point is that these rules were utterly stupid and should never have been introduced in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Since the PCCs came in it's hard to do that, the police have been politicised.

I can't see why Johnson was fined for cake but Starmer wasn't for beer and curry.

But the most important point is that these rules were utterly stupid and should never have been introduced in the first place.

Since when has the police not been politicised? How does the role of the PCCs make them any more or less politicised than they were before?

The case against lockdown have been well made and repeatedly so. But the fact remains that the majority of the country, especially in the first wave, were in favour of locking down and that the government, themselves instinctively against locking down, we're pretty much forced to eventually do so due to public pressure.

You could, and probably will, say that the public were manipulated by media sources into a collective hysteria and of course there is something in that. But the media owners by and large force through and get whatever their owners want, including some things you would no doubt approve of (Brexit for one!) so it's a case of No Sh!t Sherlock on that. But most people I know were looking at scientific evidence from multiple sources and on balance were supportive of the gov's eventual decision to lock down. You call it supid, I call it a natural human response to an unknown threat which has now killed 200k UK citizens. But I know you'll prob dispute that to so not sure what the hell I'm typing this for.

Enjoy the heat - that is all a media hype illusion too of course.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Return of Maggie?

For all her faults of which they were many at least Thatcher had a brain .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For all her faults of which they were many at least Thatcher had a brain .
    I guess if Truss gets the position, Starmer will be happy in much the same way that the right were happy (and proven right eventually) when Corbyn was elected. Probably too far towards the extreme to be palatable to the centre ground and communication skills that make Theresa May seem dynamic.

The likely outcome would be that even Murdoch et al would consider giving Starmer the leadership for a bit as long as he keeps up his stance on not upsetting the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Return of Maggie?

Thatcher. More like Boris evil twin sister.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Since when has the police not been politicised? How does the role of the PCCs make them any more or less politicised than they were before?

The case against lockdown have been well made and repeatedly so. But the fact remains that the majority of the country, especially in the first wave, were in favour of locking down and that the government, themselves instinctively against locking down, we're pretty much forced to eventually do so due to public pressure.

You could, and probably will, say that the public were manipulated by media sources into a collective hysteria and of course there is something in that. But the media owners by and large force through and get whatever their owners want, including some things you would no doubt approve of (Brexit for one!) so it's a case of No Sh!t Sherlock on that. But most people I know were looking at scientific evidence from multiple sources and on balance were supportive of the gov's eventual decision to lock down. You call it supid, I call it a natural human response to an unknown threat which has now killed 200k UK citizens. But I know you'll prob dispute that to so not sure what the hell I'm typing this for.

Enjoy the heat - that is all a media hype illusion too of course.
    Come on, Cakegate, Beergate, how can you not see that's farcical?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I guess if Truss gets the position, Starmer will be happy in much the same way that the right were happy (and proven right eventually) when Corbyn was elected. Probably too far towards the extreme to be palatable to the centre ground and communication skills that make Theresa May seem dynamic.

The likely outcome would be that even Murdoch et al would consider giving Starmer the leadership for a bit as long as he keeps up his stance on not upsetting the status quo.
    I don't think Starmer can lose with Sunak either Raging .

The economy isn't going to improve anytime soon and in fact it may get worse and Starmer wants to remind him who the Chancellor was that raised taxes to the highest level since 1947 .

The Brexit and patriot card doesn't wash either , his Green Card status enables him to bail out of the UK when it suits and there's the small matter of his wife not paying her taxes here as well .

Starmer is way more intelligent than Truss , mind you 99% of the electorate are more intelligent than her .

Saying that it's time Starmer started telling us what Labour are going to do and how they are going to pay for it .

Throwing stones over the garden wall only goes so far .

We know the Tories are terrible , everyone does even their own tribal voter knows they are .

The five Tory leadership candidates have just done two live tv debates telling the country how terrible each and everyone of them is .

Those two tv debates should be the new longest political suicide note in history .

I'm not convinced it will be .

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast