+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sunak and Javad resign....bye bye Boris.

Which party leader is it who's currently under police inveestigation?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The Spectator are deliberately obfusticating the issue to suit their editorial instinct. The point is that the tax treatment of people who exceed the lifetime allowance rules means that it could mean people actually have a lower income as a consequence of working longer. In other words, taking less home for working longer, which seems a bit odd and has the inevitable outcome.

The lifetime allowance rules are there to prevent people from dodging tax by having a very large proportion of their income paid into pension funds (which used to be a wheeze that very highly paid people would use - particularly towards the end of their working lives). It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to draft rules that draw a distinction between that behaviour and the issues that doctors are facing.

The better question might be whether senior doctors are actually worth the money they get paid. We deliberately train fewer doctors than we need, which works to drive salaries up.
    Or are they having a dog at the government and saying up the limit and doctors won't retire early?

Dog is dig

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Which party leader is it who's currently under police inveestigation?
    How is one party leader under investigation by the police a defence for the other leader having already been found guilty of a crime?

You cannot answer with anything but feeble swings at the other side. I'm sorry you are having to come to terms with that. It isn't about right and wrong now for you, you know he has done wrong but are so entrenched in your beliefs through certain party and right wing propaganda that you cannot afford a public admittance. You cannot be seen to concede ground. You are the result of those forces and that is a shame.

When you reach that point, on either the left or the right, you are in really dangerous territory. Thankfully, the majority of the public and enough politicians now, won't be drawn down that path any longer.

Just because you pick a horse in the race you don't have to follow it as it goes off path and puts you in real danger.

I would pizz myself if next week the police give starmer a fine for the beergate Saga.
    2 party's both without leaders.
    We could end up with gove Vs Abbott now that would be entertaining

I couldn't understand how Boris and Carrie seemed able to put on such a strong face with his resignation, I think Cummings has the answer.

He's genuinely so deluded that he thinks saying he'll resign will buy him a few months to turn things around and stay in the job. I don't think he actually thought he was going to leave when he made his speech. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he still believes he'll be PM into the 2030s.

His world is going to come crashing down, it's a fascinating spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I couldn't understand how Boris and Carrie seemed able to put on such a strong face with his resignation, I think Cummings has the answer.

He's genuinely so deluded that he thinks saying he'll resign will buy him a few months to turn things around and stay in the job. I don't think he actually thought he was going to leave when he made his speech. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he still believes he'll be PM into the 2030s.

His world is going to come crashing down, it's a fascinating spectacle.
    It's hardly going to come crashing down is it , he's free to make millions now on the circuit .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    If I can correct an earlier post of mine, I have to admit that I was wrong when I said that we couldn't get worse than Johnson.

Suella Braverman has thrown her hat into the ring. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Bloody hell Kerr.!!
    Almost choked on my cocoa....
    Suella Braverman jeez.... Just when you thought the Cons couldn't go any further right.

Hopefully Liz Truss gets the gig.... then we're all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I would pizz myself if next week the police give starmer a fine for the beergate Saga.
    2 party's both without leaders.
    We could end up with gove Vs Abbott now that would be entertaining
    I have to say that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's hardly going to come crashing down is it , he's free to make millions now on the circuit .
    Yes, like Blair, Cameron, Major and numerous others

Even Corbyn is a millionaire

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast