+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot - Wimbledon

ot - Wimbledon

I ent really watched owt of it this year for some reason. The only games I've seen were Murray and Serena getting beat. Today I watched a great game where Britains Cameron Norri came back very well to win and reach the Semis. The lad looks a class act to be fair. He's top weight on to beat Djokovic but nevertheless, reaching the last 4 is a good showing and fair play to the lad. Good luck in the semis.

I’ve been watching it mate, the lad is playing out of his skin! Like you said he has it all on to beat Djokovic but to make the semi’s at Wimbledon you have to have something special in your locker.
    Who knows though Djokovic dropped 2 sets against a ****ager today before winning it and Norrie is super fit and covers the court like a greyhound to make shots, his stamina seems to sap opponents later in the match, if he gets a good start with the crowd behind him there could be a big upset against an ageing opponent?
    It was nice to see his reaction to winning as well, he couldn’t talk at the end as he was holding back the tears.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’ve been watching it mate, the lad is playing out of his skin! Like you said he has it all on to beat Djokovic but to make the semi’s at Wimbledon you have to have something special in your locker.
    Who knows though Djokovic dropped 2 sets against a ****ager today before winning it and Norrie is super fit and covers the court like a greyhound to make shots, his stamina seems to sap opponents later in the match, if he gets a good start with the crowd behind him there could be a big upset against an ageing opponent?
    It was nice to see his reaction to winning as well, he couldn’t talk at the end as he was holding back the tears.
    Absolutely mate. Norrie doesn't have the biggest of serves but as you say he gets around the court very well. He keeps the ball in play generally asking constant questions of his opponents. There's the odd one or two weaknesses I spotted but time is on his side and perhaps with the right coaching he can improve further. As you say, he's got amazing stamina too but I think the adrenaline maybe played a part and carried him through today which gave him the edge. Norri had come through a grueller in the previous round by all accounts.

Djokovic aging yes but his experience and know how is second to none. Norri will have to be at his very best to be in with a shout. Looking forrard to it mate

So Nadal wins….. then pulls out of the next round ( am I right.)…. Shouldn’t he man he beat them play the next round? Or have I read that if he can’t play the next round, the fella he should play wins…..
    why can’t the person he beat take his place ?