+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On last season's other relegated teams Derby and Posh

On last season's other relegated teams Derby and Posh

I've not heard of any moaning about the 7/8 million lost from either Club, Posh just seem to be getting on with things , no apparent sales/turning down offers for some players, Derby moving on top earners yet signing some quality players , are the Grove Street gang going overboard ? Are we really that skint ? We can't compete attendance wise with the Ram's generating plenty of money through season ticket sales, I'm certain we can or should be able to outdo Posh though ,

The always 'Undisclosed' thing bugs me the most, but I suppose there are reasons as to why they think they have to announce it that way.
    Whether Peterbrough & Derby are moaning about the loss in revenue as well, is debatable, but surely they are also in the same position as we are ?.
    Posh do usually get really good money for their players, whereas we sadly seem to cash in on the first offer we get, and these days its from the likes of Luton!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The always 'Undisclosed' thing bugs me the most, but I suppose there are reasons as to why they think they have to announce it that way.
    Whether Peterbrough & Derby are moaning about the loss in revenue as well, is debatable, but surely they are also in the same position as we are ?.
    Posh do usually get really good money for their players, whereas we sadly seem to cash in on the first offer we get, and these days its from the likes of Luton!.
    Posh always claim to get good money however have you ever seen them reinvest their cash on to the pitch , an occasional but rare trip into the championship is as far as they get yet they are always held up as the model to follow , I don"t get it

The Arseoyle wiped art all the club's cash reserves and took out an EFL Covid Loan to avoid purrin a penny in arta his own pocket.

Not sure if Posh are in the same position.

Do you like my new avatar ehh SB, its about your mate 'conners' Conway lol.
    Its just months too late thats all, I should have chose it this time last year!. 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've not heard of any moaning about the 7/8 million lost from either Club, Posh just seem to be getting on with things , no apparent sales/turning down offers for some players, Derby moving on top earners yet signing some quality players , are the Grove Street gang going overboard ? Are we really that skint ? We can't compete attendance wise with the Ram's generating plenty of money through season ticket sales, I'm certain we can or should be able to outdo Posh though ,
    Their wage structure wasn’t excessive I’d imagine. Ours was geared to paying money we could afford
    … Providing we stayed up. But once the brass was in the back pocket, and the contract was signed. The lazy, ego filled, head turned attitude kicked in.

On Posh
    Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has said he has ‘heard’ Barnsley may be interested in midfielder Ryan Broom.

Barnsley are now under the management of Michael Duff, who worked with Broom at Cheltenham Town.

Nicknamed Trigger

I don't know if its true with this player Broom. But if any player refuses to even talk to us when we're showing an interest, then they can sod off!. 👎
    Lets look elsewhere.

I think it's another club, not us, that he's refusing to talk to and by the sounds we're not interested it's just Fry claiming we are. It's like me saying I've "heard" we're wanting to bring Hammill back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast