+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are line judges irrelevant

Are line judges irrelevant

at tennis competitions where Hawkeye technology is available. Been really hacked off by commentators saying Why didn’t player X challenge that call. Hawkeye says it was in , or out, contrary to the line judge's shout.Bit like VAR in football. Why not just set up Hawkeye and give it a voice that varies in pitch depending how close to the line?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    at tennis competitions where Hawkeye technology is available. Been really hacked off by commentators saying Why didn’t player X challenge that call. Hawkeye says it was in , or out, contrary to the line judge's shout.Bit like VAR in football. Why not just set up Hawkeye and give it a voice that varies in pitch depending how close to the line?
    I'd prefer if the blanket BBC coverage of Wimbledon was stopped. Then nobody would even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'd prefer if the blanket BBC coverage of Wimbledon was stopped. Then nobody would even ca1re.
    But it is one of the few major sporting events ents that is still on BBC. In my view it is worth the TV licence fee alone! Best view best matches which an ordinary person old never hope to attend. Same with Ryder Cup before it went to Sky. Far rather have these big sporting events than all the money spent on news and current affairs. Have to admit I don't have Sky Sports packages.

But it is one of the few major sporting events ents that is still on BBC. In my view it is worth the TV licence fee alone! Best view best matches which an ordinary person old never hope to attend. Same with Ryder Cup before it went to Sky. Far rather have these big sporting events than all the money spent on news and current affairs. Have to admit I don't have Sky Sports packages.
    Don't have sky either but no much time for virtue signalling Wimbledon.

Tennis has treated some players appallingly.

Plus the insistence that woman's game is as good as men's. Why do they have to compare it, let it stand on its own.

Fecking hate Wimbledon, snobbery at it's best, the way they treat those ball-boy's/girl's borders on slavery.

I think you will find that tennis is very far from a sport for toffs. The sport tries to support good sportsmanship and polite behaviour, there is nothing snobbish about that.

I think you will find that tennis is very far from a sport for toffs. The sport tries to support good sportsmanship and polite behaviour, there is nothing snobbish about that.
    You cannot be serious

That ball was on the line 😆

Good sportsmanship and polite behaviour.

That explains the Australian guy smashing the ball into the scoreboard or whatever it was.Then slagging off the touch judges, almost calling them cheats, criticising the umpire for not challenging a call because he couldn't be bothered himself and swearing and shouting his way through games.

What a polite and well behaved individual he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Good sportsmanship and polite behaviour.

That explains the Australian guy smashing the ball into the scoreboard or whatever it was.Then slagging off the touch judges, almost calling them cheats, criticising the umpire for not challenging a call because he couldn't be bothered himself and swearing and shouting his way through games.

What a polite and well behaved individual he is.
    Not fair to base a criticism of an entire sport on the behaviour of an extremely talented but flawed individual. Its like saying all Dees are moaning gits because of the example of your behaviour, an obviously talented but flawed fan.

an obviously talented but flawed fan.
    I'll take that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)