+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Renaming of the "Ponte"

Renaming of the "Ponte"

Reds fans will have the opportunity to vote from a selection of Barnsley Football Club legends to rename the 'Ponty End'

To add to the recent renaming of the North Stand after Club legend and record appearance holder Barry Murphy, we are now giving Season Ticket holders the opportunity to vote for the new name that will be present on the South Stand!

A selection of five Club legends are available for fans to choose from to adorn the 'Ponty End', with voting closing on August 8.*

Ronnie Glavin
    Neil Redfearn
    Norman Rimmington
    Tommy Taylor
    Eric Winstanley

My vote would be for the Norman Rimmington Ponte End. All true Barnsley legends there's no doubt, but who would be your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Reds fans will have the opportunity to vote from a selection of Barnsley Football Club legends to rename the 'Ponty End'

To add to the recent renaming of the North Stand after Club legend and record appearance holder Barry Murphy, we are now giving Season Ticket holders the opportunity to vote for the new name that will be present on the South Stand!

A selection of five Club legends are available for fans to choose from to adorn the 'Ponty End', with voting closing on August 8.*

Ronnie Glavin
    Neil Redfearn
    Norman Rimmington
    Tommy Taylor
    Eric Winstanley

My vote would be for the Norman Rimmington Ponte End. All true Barnsley legends there's no doubt, but who would be your choice?
    I've gone for Norman Rimmington as well because he put so much of his life into the club.

Rimmo ♥

I would save The Rimmington Stand for any refurbished/ rebuilt West Stand as he always worked from there and watched from there.

Memories of Glavin being roared towards the Ponty End goal abart to score would lead me to naming it after him.

Winstanley Stand for the East Stand /Brewery Stand.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-07-2022 at 06:46 AM.

I'm a reverse psychology kind of guy so I'd name the Ponty End " The Paul Conway Stand " .

As a lasting reminder of the damage this tw@t did whilst he was here , a bit like an eternal flame for the victims of the holocaust if you get my drift .

Cnut .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm a reverse psychology kind of guy so I'd name the Ponty End " The Paul Conway Stand " .

As a lasting reminder of the damage this tw@t did whilst he was here , a bit like an eternal flame for the victims of the holocaust if you get my drift .

Cnut .
    The deluded Arseoyle would put up a photo of the Conway Stand in Times Square saying, "See how those guys respect me and the work I did at that club. I still retain an interest. Go Barnsley !"

It will still always be the Ponty end or stand, no matter what.

Readers for me, but still call it ponty.