+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Formation

Formation

We have now played three away pre season friendlies, and the formation has been the same for each one so far, even when the changes have been made for the latter part of the games.
    Who thinks this will be the same for home games, because if so, their will be a lot of goals sitting on the bench. As much as I want Mitchell to succeed, I cannot see him scoring the goals Wootton did, or linking play as well.
    I do think this formation works well for away games, as it enables us to get a lot of players behind the ball when defending.

I'd be a little worried if Mitchell gets much game times in the remaining friendlies. Surely we didn't buy Langstaff and Scott for them to sit on the bench. I'd expect us to be heading towards our 1st choice 11 in the friendlies now.

Two different 70 minute games tomorrow, might be an indicator. Unless of course the play 4 different line ups just to really keep everyone guessing!

Predicted temperature for St Neots tomorrow is 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit) - not ideal for the first game kicking off at 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Predicted temperature for St Neots tomorrow is 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit) - not ideal for the first game kicking off at 1pm.
    Good early test of fitness for the squad.

I remember opening day of the season fixtures being red hot pre global warming 🤣. 27° for 35 mins should be a piece of cake for super fit footballers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I remember opening day of the season fixtures being red hot pre global warming ��. 27° for 35 mins should be a piece of cake for super fit footballers these days.
    They’ll each play for 70 minutes - the plan is for two 70-minute games with two different XIs, with a gap in between.

I’d love to know when we started “building players” up in pre-season - when was the cliche of “getting minutes in the legs” first used? - and how the players then feel when they suddenly have to play for 90 minutes on opening day.

Ooops meant 70 mins not 35 mins doh. Yes 'minutes in the legs' does seem to be flavour of the month.