+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: V mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I see him as potentially the new leader of a team ? I’m sure there is more out there ? but he’s one I get and have seen him in action . the point being we need leaders to stay up ! In past seasons we had Mackintosh and Swales who kept us up ! If you ever played football and been in a dressing room you will understand how important the big lads are ! Everybody looks up to the misters and they get everybody going ie Richard Wood but unfortunately at 37 we need new leader now ?

You don’t stay up having a team of pretty footballers !
    Millerstale, didnt realise Darts teams had dressing rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    The club is a good L1 club with a L1 wage structure, L1 fan base and a not so wealthy chairman. Warney is a proven winner in L1. The Championship contains a majority of clubs way above us financially including those that don’t mind going into big debt. We may compete with say 4 teams but that’s all.
    Shouldn’t be seen as a big problem though. We might bloody some noses before we get relegated into league 1 where we will be competitive again. That’s life at RUFC imo and I don’t see a problem. £500k or a £1m doesn’t buy anything capable of competing in the Championship so fishing around for lesser players is all we can do. TS is always gonna say we will be competitive but history and common sense answers to common sense questions will ensure fans stay grounded. Most are I think. It’s what RUFC is and it’s ok imo
    Thank god at last a sensible post 100% correct IMO, i know supporters always want more its human nature but we are what we are boxing above our weight at mo, 10yrs at NYS wouldnt say its been disastrous in any way. OAMAAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Yes they want him, we know he wants more that £2000 a week, if we want him and the rumours linking us to him have run for months, no smoke without fire, then why not make a bid to see what reaction you get from the club and player, sat waiting makes no sense and at the moment we appear to be sat waiting, with only two strikers at the club
    My optimistic answer would be that Stockton is our second choice and that we are in talks with another striker, one that we're willing to pay a decent fee for. In this scenario we're holding off making a bid for Stockton because we are hopeful of signing our number one target. If it doesn't come off, we move in for Stockton.

We cannot avoid paying a fee for Stockton as he's contracted until 2023 so it can't be that. The only other thing I can think of is we're hoping Stockton flat out rejects Morecambes contract offer, puts in a transfer request and effectively puts pressure on them to do business. While ever Stockton is still in talks with Morecambe they will keep the price as high as they can as there's a glimmer of hope he might stay. But if he does a Ladapo then they might have to listen to more reasonable offers?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011