+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: V mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Is that the Harding who got voted fans player of the year last time we were in the Championship?
    Yeah, that season we went down.Some people think Pablo Mills was a good player,you cant educate pork.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I see him as potentially the new leader of a team ? I’m sure there is more out there ? but he’s one I get and have seen him in action . the point being we need leaders to stay up ! In past seasons we had Mackintosh and Swales who kept us up ! If you ever played football and been in a dressing room you will understand how important the big lads are ! Everybody looks up to the misters and they get everybody going ie Richard Wood but unfortunately at 37 we need new leader now ?

You don’t stay up having a team of pretty footballers !
    Of course I understand the importance of leaders. But I also understand the need for quality and I personally don't want to sacrifice quality for the sake of someone being a good leader.

If option a is a better player than leader and b is a better leader than player then I'm going a every time. Leadership is huge but talent wins 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    Yeah, that season we went down.Some people think Pablo Mills was a good player,you cant educate pork.
    So, because we went down, no player could have individually had a good season? Flawed logic. Like saying everyone was brilliant last season because we got promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    You guys just don't get it. We could have signed Stockton last season. We can buy him now. Today. But for reasons beyond my knowledge "Rotherham don't want to commit to the signing at present." It's a joke. Rudoni was available. We dithered. Huddersfield came in. Stockton will go elsewhere and score a bucket load. There is something very wrong at our club and it's not just money. We can get players but we won't. My opinion is that it's Warne. He has strict criteria. He has a single style of play. It's boring. It's Neanderthal. Players don't like it. But you guys love it so we're stuck.
    I think the Stockton issue is a good one that shows there is something wrong with our recruitment process at the moment. Not in the players that we have signed as there have been some good signings over the last few seasons, but in the way we seem to mess about with certain signings. I have no idea why this is, it would be speculation (I have already been told off on here for speculating, it is a naughty thing to do!!) however I think people are confusing two seasons ago with this season. We had the spine of a settled squad then, this season is basically a rebuild, only our central 3 and goalie is the same. PW himself has said this in a number of interviews and so perhaps we should have changed our process a liitle to get some key signings over the line. It is difficult because what we have done recently has got good players, not an easy problem to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    The club is a good L1 club with a L1 wage structure, L1 fan base and a not so wealthy chairman. Warney is a proven winner in L1. The Championship contains a majority of clubs way above us financially including those that don’t mind going into big debt. We may compete with say 4 teams but that’s all.
    Shouldn’t be seen as a big problem though. We might bloody some noses before we get relegated into league 1 where we will be competitive again. That’s life at RUFC imo and I don’t see a problem. £500k or a £1m doesn’t buy anything capable of competing in the Championship so fishing around for lesser players is all we can do. TS is always gonna say we will be competitive but history and common sense answers to common sense questions will ensure fans stay grounded. Most are I think. It’s what RUFC is and it’s ok imo

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Last time in the Championship we lost by a single goal 16 times. Not what I call being thrased every week. Then again, that doesn't fit the disaster narrative so best ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think the Stockton issue is a good one that shows there is something wrong with our recruitment process at the moment. Not in the players that we have signed as there have been some good signings over the last few seasons, but in the way we seem to mess about with certain signings. I have no idea why this is, it would be speculation (I have already been told off on here for speculating, it is a naughty thing to do!!) however I think people are confusing two seasons ago with this season. We had the spine of a settled squad then, this season is basically a rebuild, only our central 3 and goalie is the same. PW himself has said this in a number of interviews and so perhaps we should have changed our process a liitle to get some key signings over the line. It is difficult because what we have done recently has got good players, not an easy problem to solve.
    Eventually it comes down to trust. You either trust that 'they' are doing their best for the club given all the constraints that have been aired endlessly on here. Or you don't trust them.

Wendy and others clearly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    You blaming Harding? ��
    He was a very good player in championship and definitely wasn’t his fault we went down.

Not saying he’ll be good this season because imo he hasn’t been same player for a while now but some do play better in different leagues so hopefully championship is his game again, then again it could come down to formation

No you can’t educate pork, look in mirror mate
    Last edited by millertop; 18-07-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    In regard to Stockton, I've read that Morecambe don't want to let him go. They want to keep him there and are in the process of offering him a lucrative new contract extension. His current deal runs out in 2023. As he's already under contract, they are under no obligation to do business with us or anybody else as clearly we can't be the only team interested in him. However the latest rumour is that he's holding out on signing that new contract so Morecambe will have the same dilemma as we had with Smith. Cash in now or hold on, benefit from the goals and let go on a free?

How much does everyone think Stockton is worth?

EDIT : Appears most of what I just posted is already covered on the "Down to 2 Strikers" thread. Which is a better home for discussion about Stockton
    Last edited by DerekProsser(East Anglia); 18-07-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    In regard to Stockton, I've read that Morecambe don't want to let him go. They want to keep him there and are in the process of offering him a lucrative new contract extension. His current deal runs out in 2023. As he's already under contract, they are under no obligation to do business with us or anybody else as clearly we can't be the only team interested in him. However the latest rumour is that he's holding out on signing that new contract so Morecambe will have the same dilemma as we had with Smith. Cash in now or hold on, benefit from the goals and let go on a free?

How much does everyone think Stockton is worth?

EDIT : Appears most of what I just posted is already covered on the "Down to 2 Strikers" thread. Which is a better home for discussion about Stockton
    Yes they want him, we know he wants more that £2000 a week, if we want him and the rumours linking us to him have run for months, no smoke without fire, then why not make a bid to see what reaction you get from the club and player, sat waiting makes no sense and at the moment we appear to be sat waiting, with only two strikers at the club

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast