+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nowhere near enough signings

Nowhere near enough signings

I'm getting a little worried now with the lack of signings.

City, Arsenal, Manu, West Ham, Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and maybe others (Forest?) have all spent more than us.

I realise there may be more to come but they are going to miss pre-season training with the team now, which isn't ideal.

I want to see 2-3 big signings before the season starts. Winger, striker and midfielder. Anything less will be a disappointment.

As it stands, we are going to be a low scoring team this season, though solid defensively.

Striker and a winger and i think we'll be fine. Plenty of time left in the transfer window and signings often happen in the last week or so.

We've got goals throughout the team now so we're not so reliant on Maxi and Wilson. Trippier and Bruno will be chipping in with goals i reckon

Need a striker bare minimum though, we can't rely on Wilson staying fit

If we don't have European football next year, the likes of Bruno will leave. The top 4 are untouchable, and with Arsenal and West Ham strengthening, its going to be incredibly tough.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    If we don't have European football next year, the likes of Bruno will leave. The top 4 are untouchable, and with Arsenal and West Ham strengthening, its going to be incredibly tough.
    Back so soon after your hissy fit the other day?

Bruno will leave if we don’t get European football? Spoken to him have you?

Ahh one of the dirty unread bigots were you?

Bruno has publically spoken about his expectations

Ahh one of the dirty unread bigots were you?
    That and a ‘thick as f*ck football fan’. You have a serious problem dealing with points of view that differ from your own. You must have a sh*t life and bad relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    That and a ‘thick as f*ck football fan’. You have a serious problem dealing with points of view that differ from your own. You must have a sh*t life and bad relationships.
    I have a problem with other people infringing on peoples rights based on subjective whim. Its the same mentality dictators have.

"I think this is a good idea, therefore that person's rights can get lost"

The end always justifies the means with that mentality. It can be used to justify anything.

Its gross and i've got no time for it.

Nice one for bringing it up again.

I'm sure Bruno and co. can see the plan the bosses are working to and I'm sure there will be quality additions before the window closes.

If you need to worry about things then just cast your memory back to before last season and most of the seasons before for a decade and a half.

I myself are quite happy with what we have brought in up to now and what they are still trying to finalise without being held to ransom over transfer fees.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 16-07-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Aye, the Ekitike saga has shown us that the club are working hard trying to bring in quality players. Lot's of people on Twitter losing their sh!t too that we're not singing a player every week, they just need a little.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)