+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nowhere near enough signings

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    I'm getting a little worried now with the lack of signings.

City, Arsenal, Manu, West Ham, Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and maybe others (Forest?) have all spent more than us.

I realise there may be more to come but they are going to miss pre-season training with the team now, which isn't ideal.

I want to see 2-3 big signings before the season starts. Winger, striker and midfielder. Anything less will be a disappointment.

As it stands, we are going to be a low scoring team this season, though solid defensively.
    what kind of shlt is this? this is not a newcastle fan

if any of our fans think the business our club has done is "nowhere near good enough" they are free to toddle off and support another club ffs!

This time last year, we were chasing scraps and couldn't even get Hamsa Choudary, since then we have a team of players willing to fight, a world class midfielder, a number of international players.

Look at the form of this team for the second half of the season, we were top 4 form and that was with Chris Wood playing up front!

It's important we get a quality striker like Wilson who is not made of glass. Not an easy task but something we have to do.

I was surprised people still had such views in a liberal democracy, but then after the apparent public backing for lockdowns, i guess i should have known better....

They did a superb job of fear and bribery with a bit of muscle from the boys in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    what kind of shlt is this? this is not a newcastle fan

if any of our fans think the business our club has done is "nowhere near good enough" they are free to toddle off and support another club ffs!

This time last year, we were chasing scraps and couldn't even get Hamsa Choudary, since then we have a team of players willing to fight, a world class midfielder, a number of international players.

Look at the form of this team for the second half of the season, we were top 4 form and that was with Chris Wood playing up front!
    No. Don't get me wrong. Our transformation is remarkable and our signings have been great. I am just being realistic.

With our new deep pockets, we need to do more.

There is still time so lets see.

My view is partly down to the big spending of other clubs.

Having dealt with 14 years of Fat Pig pulling punches in the transfer market, seeing us chase and get Batman, bring in players of the ilk of Bruno makes complaining ungrateful.

We are clearly not going to get ****ed around in the market so that makes deals slow.

If we were spraying money and bringing in trash, there would be another set of complaints. I certainly wouldn't be happy for us to be one of these "projects" where clubs relentlessly take the pi'ss.

Don't forget that several months ago, the rest of the Premier League was trying to arrange an embargo against us.

Have patience and think twice before posting poo like that.

Every club could always do more in the market. Everyone knows that we need a striker and it's clear that we're trying to get one. Wait FFS.

Even if we don't get one, they did spend money on Wood. The plank should be delivering.

I'm not fussed - think we are moving along as we need.

We are clearly putting in the foundations for huge change in the club - Ashworth, Eales and all the not being held to ransom.

If we lost Bruno because of no European football next season, so be it - I actually trust our ownership/management to have a plan to get us to where we want to go. . . however, I don't think Bruno will be off.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Having dealt with 14 years of Fat Pig pulling punches in the transfer market, seeing us chase and get Batman, bring in players of the ilk of Bruno makes complaining ungrateful.

We are clearly not going to get ****ed around in the market so that makes deals slow.

If we were spraying money and bringing in trash, there would be another set of complaints. I certainly wouldn't be happy for us to be one of these "projects" where clubs relentlessly take the pi'ss.

Don't forget that several months ago, the rest of the Premier League was trying to arrange an embargo against us.

Have patience and think twice before posting poo like that.

Every club could always do more in the market. Everyone knows that we need a striker and it's clear that we're trying to get one. Wait FFS.

Even if we don't get one, they did spend money on Wood. The plank should be delivering.
    To be fair to Wood last season is his worst ever haul in the Prem.

Normally gets at least 10 in a season, and that’s been with Burnley who have been punching for a while (no disrespect meant to the club, but they have always had a small budget for the Prem).

He’s not likely a starter, but given the bench size and number of subs he’s a good option in the right circumstances.

He cost more than he should, but that was the release clause, and nowt to do with him.

That said, I expect we’ll bring in a striker who is likely gonna start before him in more matches than not.

With our new deep pockets, we need to do more.

There is still time so lets see.

My view is partly down to the big spending of other clubs.
    No, our owners have deep pockets. The fiddle that is intended to keep the teams at the top, at the top called FFP is putting paid to the club having deep pockets.
    You can't just throw money in like before. Sponsorship is pro-rata on League and European status. We are way behind because of this.
    Other clubs can spend big because they can plough money in through massive sponsorship deals. Man City did this, when it was allowed. Now they can just carry on.
    We have to be careful because any penny over FFP the powers that be will be on us like a shot.
    Patience is the key. Just sit back and enjoy the future. If all goes to plan, the world of football will never be ready for a successful Newcastle United. Or just twist at every stage of the rebuild because the club hasn't signed everyone the fans want. I know what I will be doing after years of being held back by that fat cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    No, our owners have deep pockets. The fiddle that is intended to keep the teams at the top, at the top called FFP is putting paid to the club having deep pockets.
    You can't just throw money in like before. Sponsorship is pro-rata on League and European status. We are way behind because of this.
    Other clubs can spend big because they can plough money in through massive sponsorship deals. Man City did this, when it was allowed. Now they can just carry on.
    We have to be careful because any penny over FFP the powers that be will be on us like a shot.
    Patience is the key. Just sit back and enjoy the future. If all goes to plan, the world of football will never be ready for a successful Newcastle United. Or just twist at every stage of the rebuild because the club hasn't signed everyone the fans want. I know what I will be doing after years of being held back by that fat cùnt.
    Absolutely spot on, Geordie.

Eddie:

"We're hoping to get a couple more deals done"

https://twitter.com/NewcastleFansTV/...27741738008578

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)