+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 20.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yup squad player only, but a useful one to have.

I sense his legs have gone, but as Jackal suggested he never goes missing, he always wants the ball. That's important for a central midfielder IMO.
    lets not forget JOB's the first one to blame another player when its actually JOB that has cocked up !!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I agree Michael Doyle was way overrated in that he never had the influence on the team that he was slated to have and was massively overplayed. He didn't have the influence of a player like, say, Don O'Riordan many years ago, who came from virtual semi-retirement to become a key part of Neil Warnock's team which won promotion to Division One.

Jim O'Brien does sometimes make mistakes, but he usually makes them being brave and trying to take the initiative and do something positive. Most players like that have their good and bad moments, but I prefer them to the Mark Fotheringham or Ian Hamilton types who basically sat in midfield and did nothing. The biggest concern I have about JOB is simply his age and the fact his game is based on energy and enthusiasm. I can't see him being anything more than a squad player in what is presumably his final year, at least as a player.
    O'Riordan semi-retirement?

We paid £16k for him. The season before he was at Grimsby and won their player of the year, and the Sunday People player of the season for that league.

Regarding JOB, he spent so much time at Cambridge shouting at everyone else that he wasn't concentrating on his own game.

As this is the Boston Match thread, anyone know the final score?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    As this is the Boston Match thread, anyone know the final score?
    According to Fotmob 1-1

Finished 1-1. Weak Notts team in the second half including a trialist called Yaser Kasim. 31-year-old Iraq international. Formerly of Swindon and Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Finished 1-1. Weak Notts team in the second half including a trialist called Yaser Kasim. 31-year-old Iraq international. Formerly of Swindon and Brighton.
    Thought we may have started playing our strongest side by now, playing a 31 year old trialist at this stage seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    We only changed it for the last 20 minutes or so

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We only changed it for the last 20 minutes or so
    How was the performance?

It seems LW is often disappointed!

I’d be interested if people thought JOBs legs have gone if they didn’t know his age. On what evidence are we going on, I doubt they had gone at the start of the game when he made a mistake.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast