+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 20.07.22 [PSF]

Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 20.07.22 [PSF]

1-0 down already. We have a strong side out too
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-07-2022 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Title format matched

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    1-0 down already. We have a strong side out too
    Scrap that 1-1 after 6 mins

JOB mistake for their goal. Honestly, I’ve never known a player so crap and so associated with failure, but so popular with supporters. Except maybe Michael Doyle.

And yet here he is for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    JOB mistake for their goal. Honestly, I’ve never known a player so crap and so associated with failure, but so popular with supporters. Except maybe Michael Doyle.

He plays with his heart and is good for the squad but it takes a certain quality to see that

You definitely see the game differently to me, I can’t understand how you could make such a damning statement over either player.

Tony Agana

I love his commitment and passion, maybe his years have caught up abit as with us all but it's good to have someone in the squad abit older who can give advice and fire them up sometimes.

JOB mistake for their goal. Honestly, I’ve never known a player so crap and so associated with failure, but so popular with supporters. Except maybe Michael Doyle. And yet here he is for another season.
    I agree Michael Doyle was way overrated in that he never had the influence on the team that he was slated to have and was massively overplayed. He didn't have the influence of a player like, say, Don O'Riordan many years ago, who came from virtual semi-retirement to become a key part of Neil Warnock's team which won promotion to Division One.

Jim O'Brien does sometimes make mistakes, but he usually makes them being brave and trying to take the initiative and do something positive. Most players like that have their good and bad moments, but I prefer them to the Mark Fotheringham or Ian Hamilton types who basically sat in midfield and did nothing. The biggest concern I have about JOB is simply his age and the fact his game is based on energy and enthusiasm. I can't see him being anything more than a squad player in what is presumably his final year, at least as a player.

Yup squad player only, but a useful one to have.

I sense his legs have gone, but as Jackal suggested he never goes missing, he always wants the ball. That's important for a central midfielder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I agree Michael Doyle was way overrated in that he never had the influence on the team that he was slated to have and was massively overplayed. He didn't have the influence of a player like, say, Don O'Riordan many years ago, who came from virtual semi-retirement to become a key part of Neil Warnock's team which won promotion to Division One.

Jim O'Brien does sometimes make mistakes, but he usually makes them being brave and trying to take the initiative and do something positive. Most players like that have their good and bad moments, but I prefer them to the Mark Fotheringham or Ian Hamilton types who basically sat in midfield and did nothing. The biggest concern I have about JOB is simply his age and the fact his game is based on energy and enthusiasm. I can't see him being anything more than a squad player in what is presumably his final year, at least as a player.
    Good grief, I’d almost wiped Ian Hamilton from my memory. Without doubt a shoe in for my worst ever Notts 11, maybe even captain.

I like JOB, he obviously can’t influence games like he used to but one of the only players who never went missing or tried to positively affect a game. How many great runs did he make in behind the opposition defence last year only for the CB’s to opt to pass it backwards or sideways?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast