+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 20.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's strange one, described as a 'recurring illness' rather than a recurring injury. Haven't really heard that description since the days when Chris Short suffered with a stomach fungus that frequently left him debilitated. Hopefully this is just a case of bad luck, after all it's not unknown to recover from one bug and go down with another soon afterwards because your immune system is still compromised.

I'm imagining Langstaff will be the primary replacement for Kyle Wootton, albeit they're not identical types of player. Mitchell presumably will be the back-up, and like many I've seen flashes to suggest what he can do, but remain to be convinced. Perhaps he could grow into a better player having previously been in the 'second fiddle to Wootton' mindset, but if he's going to ignite his Notts career it has to be this season.
    Not completely over Covid?

On a separate point, JOB nearly cost us two goals from identical errors in the same game. Liability?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_notts_county View Post
    Not completely over Covid?
    Possibly, although if that's the case it's strange LW didn't just say it. I hope it's not long Covid, which could take any amount of time to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_notts_county View Post
    On a separate point, JOB nearly cost us two goals from identical errors in the same game. Liability?
    LW made it clear he wasn't impressed with the mistake, so it won't have done Jim any favours at this stage of assessing the squad. As fans, many of us like Jim's enthusiasm and effort shown previously, but of course the new manager will be judging him on his form now. I wouldn't say he's a liability, but as I've said on many threads, the midfield overall is where we need to strengthen most.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I can't really do that within the rules. How saddam I?
    If Iran for your job, eid be changing the rules. There, I'll start the self imposed 3 month ban.

Possibly, although if that's the case it's strange LW didn't just say it. I hope it's not long Covid, which could take any amount of time to overcome.
    I’m not sure it’s any of our business what his illness is. The player might get asked if he is happy that it’s made public, if he says no then that’s that. Illness can be very personal for some people.
    It’s not like an injury, unless you somehow get circumcised by a tackle.

LW made it clear he wasn't impressed with the mistake, so it won't have done Jim any favours at this stage of assessing the squad. As fans, many of us like Jim's enthusiasm and effort shown previously, but of course the new manager will be judging him on his form now. I wouldn't say he's a liability, but as I've said on many threads, the midfield overall is where we need to strengthen most.
    We need to judge every player on form now, not on enthusiasm and effort shown previously. I like JOB but I can only see him on the bench this season.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We need to judge every player on form now, not on enthusiasm and effort shown previously. I like JOB but I can only see him on the bench this season.
    If we start another season with JOB as a viable first team option we're going absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    If we start another season with JOB as a viable first team option we're going absolutely nowhere.
    Couldn't agree more, squad player to come in and play when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Couldn't agree more, squad player to come in and play when needed.
    I don’t think he has ever been the same since that horrific injury versus Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    I do love his enthusiasm but you're right, if this is the case for the coming season then we'll have again not got that centre mid we've needed for years. If anyone at Notts reads this website please can you get someone in centre mid to tackle and get up/down the pitch. The fact that our only decent one we've had for years has been a six month loan is worrying. If GB is to play this role then have we got the cover for him and at the back. Also as others have said, attack does look abit lightweight but then I think we have got Roberts and Rubens goals to add so might not be as bad as it looks if they both stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m not sure it’s any of our business what his illness is. The player might get asked if he is happy that it’s made public, if he says no then that’s that. Illness can be very personal for some people.
    It’s not like an injury, unless you somehow get circumcised by a tackle.
    I think there was a lot of players out with covid towards end of last season around the country as I heard a lot of managers saying players not well, for whatever reason players/clubs don’t seem to want to disclose it. Possibly because once they were over symptoms they were back playing as there’s no isolation rules anymore, but didn’t want negative feedback.
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 22-07-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast